All Star host selection to mimic Super Bowl

Buehrle>Wood

http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=122...le.com%2F%22%7D

So the process hasn't been openly established yet. But I can't imagine it's a good thing for us. If it's indeed a city bid, I can't imagine the city getting behind the cell to make a bid over Wrigley. We last hosted un 03. Wrigley has been rumored for one soon, so I guess we'll see after that.

It'll be like it is now. Just without making sure the leagues alternate.

Pittsburgh got it 12 years after hosting one because of ownership lobbying the commissioner.

As for the Cubs, they WILL get one after they complete the rennovations. And I suspect the sox will get one in 2033.

1933, 1950, 1983, 2003. I can see the next one being 2033 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the game. The next time it will be in Chicago will definitely be Wrigley Field since the last time it was there was in 1990.

Some cool facts from the 1933 game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1933_Major_Le...l_All-Star_Game

The system that manfred is talking about basically exists already. What he may be talking about is that you see a more formal "host committee" form instead of ownership groups simply lobbying The commissioners office.

That said, the Cubs WILL get one. Selig basically said so last year. The "delays" are simply tied to rennovation drama.