Brian Williams suspended 6 months w/o pay

Buehrle>Wood

I wonder if this was something in the back of his mind that he always worried would come back to get him. Kind of like when I was a kid and i lied, and knew it was only a matter of time before my Dad figured it out, and when he did I was a goner. Seems like he thought he was good and it would never come out, seeing how he kept reinforcing it

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 11, 2015 -> 06:45 AM)
First, I have to explain to my 5 year old son why a girl is playing Peter Pan. Then, that girl gets her a$$ eaten on pay cable. Now her Dad turns out to be a liar and is taken off air?! What about the children?! Think of the children!

I am confused, yet intrigued, by this reference to rim jobs.

I am also surprised he does not just resign.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 11, 2015 -> 07:45 AM)
First, I have to explain to my 5 year old son why a girl is playing Peter Pan. Then, that girl gets her a$$ eaten on pay cable. Now her Dad turns out to be a liar and is taken off air?! What about the children?! Think of the children!

A girl has always played Peter Pan in the theatre since the dawn of time.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 11, 2015 -> 09:21 AM)
A girl has always played Peter Pan in the theatre since the dawn of time.

"I have to explain to my 5 year old son why a girl is playing Peter Pan."

No easy task. He already gets boners because of females. I don't want to confuse his boner.

And I was making a joke in general.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 11, 2015 -> 06:04 AM)
I wonder if this was something in the back of his mind that he always worried would come back to get him. Kind of like when I was a kid and i lied, and knew it was only a matter of time before my Dad figured it out, and when he did I was a goner. Seems like he thought he was good and it would never come out, seeing how he kept reinforcing it

I doubt it. Think of what a confident prick you have to be to be in his position. No one questions you, everyone knows you and loves you.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 11, 2015 -> 10:23 AM)
"I have to explain to my 5 year old son why a girl is playing Peter Pan."

No easy task. He already gets boners because of females. I don't want to confuse his boner.

And I was making a joke in general.

Mah bad, y'all.

Edited by Reddy

We know news reporters will occasionally report inaccurate info, and sometimes it will be because of the judgment calls they make, but we don't expect them to make up stories about themselves. It's kind of like the question of politicians doing iffy things in their personal lives - we only get so much of a chance to know you...and if you're willing to do this, what else are you doing that we can't see?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 11, 2015 -> 01:24 PM)
I really could care less about this...not sure why he felt the need to do it, but I don't really get the outrage.

I think it's because he was probably considered the best modern newsman of the major networks. Most trusted/respected, etc. Not that he had much competition... But people love it when giants fall.

Edited by Reddy

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 11, 2015 -> 12:24 PM)
I really could care less about this...not sure why he felt the need to do it, but I don't really get the outrage.

I think the fact that he continued to talk about it over and over and the network propped him up with the story brought the outrage.

He should be taken off the air for good. You can't lie about that kind of s***.

Didn't he agree to a six-month work stint without pay? Amazing the egos of these rich anchors. They probably would work for nothing when you get down to it just to keep their egos satisfied.

I mean how can you make up such a story? Ridiculous.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 11, 2015 -> 10:59 PM)
He should be taken off the air for good. You can't lie about that kind of s***.

Didn't he agree to a six-month work stint without pay? Amazing the egos of these rich anchors. They probably would work for nothing when you get down to it just to keep their egos satisfied.

I mean how can you make up such a story? Ridiculous.

Do you watch The Newsroom? Just curious.