Derrick Rose to have surgery on Torn Right Meniscus

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 27, 2015 -> 05:28 PM)
Why? Recently, Noah has been playing like Noah, Jimmy has been great all year, and Dunleavy is an excellent offensive role player. Taj/Niko/Snell are better than most of the crap in the east. The front court is top 5 in the NBA, top to bottom.

Key phrase = "the crap in the east". That's what amazes me about this being a playoff team.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 27, 2015 -> 02:38 PM)
Key phrase = "the crap in the east". That's what amazes me about this being a playoff team.

IT was a playoff team last year without Pau and with a lesser Jimmy Butler. I realize no DJ, but you also have Niko and a better Snell. This team is better than last years no Rose team and they were in the playoffs, so why wouldn't this team. We will have a rough stretch though as the match-ups are very tough (starting w/Clippers game). Hopefully they respond to the good news.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 27, 2015 -> 04:38 PM)

Im confused. If you know how bad the East is then you technically shouldnt have been amazed that the Bulls were still a playoff team then right? LOL

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 28, 2015 -> 09:12 AM)
I heard a report saying it was just a ten minute procedure. That kinda surprised me.

You would figure with DRose involved, a 10-15 minute procedure would take a few hours.

All in all, this was very minor. He was starting to shows some really nice signs before the All Star break. I am trying to be optimistic, but you have to figure his injuries aren't just going to suddenly go away. I think a positive is the organization has to know now they won't be able to count on him being what he was for long stretches, and have to figure movimg forward he is probably a 60 game a year guy at most as a 30+ minute player. They can act accordingly.