2015-2016 NFL Thread

The Chicago Tribune reports the Bears are looking to trade Brandon Marshall.

Ideally, the Bears would work out a trade before March 12, when Marshall's $7.5M 2015 base salary becomes guaranteed. The 30-year-old Marshall was a shell of himself in 2014, reaching 100 yards just twice en route to his lowest receiving total since his rookie season. Injuries played a role in that, but it's become increasingly clear Alshon Jeffery is Jay Cutler's go-to receiver. One source told the Tribune it would only take a mid-round pick to pry Marshall away from the Windy City.

Source: Chicago Tribune

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 5, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)
I just dont know if they can get anything for him when teams can easily take the cheaper option and pick up a impact WR in the draft. Its been done a whole lot lately.

Or just wait til the Bears release him. They have no leverage.

Agree. I can only see two situations where the Bears could trade him: 1) they take back a similar contract/player 2) the team is like JAX, STL, OAK and wouldn't be able to convince him to sign there in FA. I don't see either scenario being likely.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 5, 2015 -> 03:22 PM)
Apparently Briggs will not be a Bear next year.

http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/source-lan...turn-bears-2015

That's good. He's past his prime and seemed to be a major headache in the locker room.

That being said, he was a hell of a player for the Bears. Always overshadowed by #54, he was probably just as good, if not better.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 5, 2015 -> 10:02 PM)
That's good. He's past his prime and seemed to be a major headache in the locker room.

That being said, he was a hell of a player for the Bears. Always overshadowed by #54, he was probably just as good, if not better.

Briggs was good, but let's not overdo it.

Stop it. Not close. Briggs was a really good fit at WLB in the Tampa 2 defense. Urlacher is and was an absolute freak though. This is going to start a war but Brian Urlacher is the best LB in franchise history. Come on Butkus people, let me have it haha

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 09:02 AM)
Stop it. Not close. Briggs was a really good fit at WLB in the Tampa 2 defense. Urlacher is and was an absolute freak though. This is going to start a war but Brian Urlacher is the best LB in franchise history. Come on Butkus people, let me have it haha

It's really hard to compare different eras. Urlacher is clearly much more athletic as most players now are much more athletic than the 60s. Butkus has more accolades. He has one more DPOY, one more first team all pro, and one more second team all pro. He also made two different all decade teams.

Football is the sport where athleticism and strength matters the most IMO, so on the surface I would agree with you. In terms of what they accomplished Butkus is better though.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 09:25 AM)
Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 19m19 minutes ago

Separate sources have confirmed that WR Brandon Marshall will be traded to the #Jets for a "late round" pick on Tuesday. #Bears

Jets wanna take the contract instead of waiting for a release and signing him then? Okay then.

A lot of what made Briggs so good was having a peak Urlacher in the middle.

QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 09:34 AM)
Jets wanna take the contract instead of waiting for a release and signing him then? Okay then.

I hope this is true. Supposedly its for a 5th. That would give the Bears back to back picks in the 5th I believe.

QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 09:34 AM)

Take him now and have no competition to sign him, I guess

I don't have any ill will toward brandon> I appreciate him going balls out in 12/13.

But, Emery's key failing was trying to plug the gaps with past their peak vets. Bears are old. They need to stop paying for declining production, this is the right thing to do.

OTOH it proves Bernstein right andd that sucks.