2015-2016 NFL Thread

The Jets. Lol. Teams wonder why they are bad every year. They should keep Harvin and Marshall just for entertainment.

Bears will probably have to draft a WR somewhat early in the draft now.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 10:18 AM)
The Jets. Lol. Teams wonder why they are bad every year. They should keep Harvin and Marshall just for entertainment.

Yes, also a deep WR crop in FA.

Bears just need to stop paying so much for declining production. I believe in Paces plan. It's realistic. We need to hoard picks though, unfortunately, hard to get picks for aging vets when they are getting paid above market value.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 10:21 AM)
Yes, also a deep WR crop in FA.

Bears just need to stop paying so much for declining production. I believe in Paces plan. It's realistic. We need to hoard picks though, unfortunately, hard to get picks for aging vets when they are getting paid above market value.

It would probably be best to avoid spending any huge money on a WR in free agency. They probably aren't going to be good for a year or two. Why sign a 28 year old WR for big money. They also have Jeffery who will be a free agent after next year. He will probably want 9-10 per year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they took one early this draft and one late.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 10:28 AM)
It would probably be best to avoid spending any huge money on a WR in free agency. They probably aren't going to be good for a year or two. Why sign a 28 year old WR for big money. They also have Jeffery who will be a free agent after next year. He will probably want 9-10 per year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they took one early this draft and one late.

I don't think you'll need big money to sign a decent #2 this year.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 10:18 AM)

Harvin will be cut..............Marshall and Decker will be Jet WR's.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 10:44 AM)
Never underestimate free agency. Watch the deal a guy like Torrey Smith gets. $$$$$$.

Well if that's the case stay out of it. But this is a year where Marshall is especially expendable.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)
Great move by Pace/Fox.

PaceFox, the Bears answer to GarPax. I like it. Seriously though, I'm taking this as a sign that the Bears are moving in the right direction with competent people at the helm. Very encouraging.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 10:45 AM)
If Marcus Mariota fell to the Bears would you want them to take him?

I'm starting to think that might happen. That would be a tough call.

No. I do want people to think the Bears could take him thou.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 09:25 AM)
Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 19m19 minutes ago

Separate sources have confirmed that WR Brandon Marshall will be traded to the #Jets for a "late round" pick on Tuesday. #Bears

Not sure if he cares that this is out there but Aaron posts on this site as SoCalSox. Good get for him. He's been on it all offseason.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 10:51 AM)
No. I do want people to think the Bears could take him thou.

I personally don't believe Mariota is an NFL starting QB but a part of me wants to think that Pace and Fox see something in him and think that he is going to be great. And that it winds up working out because they are waaaay smarter than me and thats why they do what they do and I am just a fan.

Thats what I would like to happen.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 10:47 AM)
Forgot what show it was on, but someone reported on Chicago radio that Mariota's agent said the Bears were interested in him.

All of the score shows talked about that yesterday, I want to say Schefter said it when he was on a different show

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)
Not sure if he cares that this is out there but Aaron posts on this site as SoCalSox. Good get for him. He's been on it all offseason.

Did not know that, he's been a MUST follow this offseason. Good work Aaron!

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 09:25 AM)
Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 19m19 minutes ago

Separate sources have confirmed that WR Brandon Marshall will be traded to the #Jets for a "late round" pick on Tuesday. #Bears

This must be false. I heard Dan Bernstein say on the radio it could not happen.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)

LOL probably what his "sources" were telling him. He needs to stop with the notion that he has inside knowledge.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)

He got in quite an argument yesterday with a guy and all he kept repeating was "why won't any other team trade for Marshall?". Should be an interesting day for him today. I bet fewer calls