2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 11, 2015 -> 09:52 PM)
Antrel Rolle and Eddie Royal officially signed per Brad Biggs, Michael Wright, etc on Twitter. Not too surprising. Solid pickups.

Both 3 year deals, hopefully structured to get rid of earlier

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 11, 2015 -> 09:52 PM)
Antrel Rolle and Eddie Royal officially signed per Brad Biggs, Michael Wright, etc on Twitter. Not too surprising. Solid pickups.

Bears are looking more and more like the quintessential 8-8 team next season.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 11, 2015 -> 11:20 PM)
Wonder if the Bears take a look at Wilfork. Rolle talked about the 2 of them as a package deal. Yes, he's old, but so is Rolle.

Vince Willfork 300+lbs old is different than Antrelle Rolle 200 lbs old, and plays a lot different. An injury can take down anyone at any time of course, but I would hope that Wilfork is plan C

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 12, 2015 -> 12:20 AM)
Wonder if the Bears take a look at Wilfork. Rolle talked about the 2 of them as a package deal. Yes, he's old, but so is Rolle.

It makes sense if they're mostly going with a 3-4, but there's also been talk of them targeting a NT with their first round pick and if that's the case you don't necessarily want to stick that guy behind Wilfork for a couple years.

Wilfork probably has another year or so in him. He isn't the player he used to be, but can still stuff the run with the best of them. You just have to limit his snaps per game.

Wouldn't mind the Packers looking at him for one year.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Mar 12, 2015 -> 10:29 AM)
So how many acquisitions is that for Bears this season? That being said, will any of them help the bears actually win something this year?

No, but they needed to fill some roster spots. Most of these players are just stop gap players.

So how many acquisitions is that for Bears this season? That being said, will any of them help the bears actually win something this year?

Just 4 new guys so far, McPhee, Rolle, Royal, and Foster(If he signs)....Parker, a CB, and another piece for the line would be nice to "Round out the D"

What do you mean by actually win something?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 12, 2015 -> 10:33 AM)
Just 4 new guys so far, McPhee, Rolle, Royal, and Foster(If he signs)....Parker, a CB, and another piece for the line would be nice to "Round out the D"

What do you mean by actually win something?

Contend. What else?

Best way to think of this, these are all solid football players, with the possibility that one could be a star in this D (McPhee).

They are at this point just "averaging" out our D to buy us some time to find true impact talent in draft.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 12, 2015 -> 10:39 AM)
Would be shocked if Bears contend next year, like all the moves though.

It allows us to go for BPA and not say "WE NEED A NOSE TACKLE" or something like that.

Except we don't have one of those yet, if they want a big boy. They have talked about Ratliff at NT, but with them chasing Knighton and Dan Williams you would think they're looking to get bigger there.

As for contending. With the coaching staff I wouldn't be shocked to see them go 9-7, MAYBE 10-5 if everything goes right, but 8-8 seems likely at this point. Keep in mind, I think in the right circumstances Jay can be a good QB, so that's why I'm probably gonna be more optimistic than most.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 12, 2015 -> 10:39 AM)
No, they arent going to contend. I would guess .500 at best.

If you are around .500 after 10 or 12 games, you are in contention. I don't think they will make the playoffs, but you never know. Filling these holes with the free agents and drafting a stud who could be a stud quickly could make the defense at least average. And the offense still has some talent at the skill positions. I don't think they are as good as the 2014 Cowboys, that OL is beyond amazing, but look where their defense was in 2013,. Admittedly, it would take a lot to go right for them to contend.

In contention for what?

Barring a Rodgers injury, its hard to imagine the Bears winning the NFC North.

Do you really see a scenario where on the road they beat both the Seahawks and Packers in the playoffs?

The team is being completely overhauled, and while anything is possible, it is my belief that being mediocre next year will only delay the Bears rebuild.