2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 09:09 AM)
Has anybody ever gone back and checked how his "grades" turn out?

Big boards are usually fairly accurate. It's not about mock draft success. It's which players that he had rated highly on the big board turned into good pros. That's what would need to be checked.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 09:12 AM)
Big boards are usually fairly accurate. It's not about mock draft success. It's which players that he had rated highly on the big board turned into good pros. That's what would need to be checked.

They went through his and McShay's picks the last several years a few months ago.. I think they just used their final mock drafts. They did underperform overall, but McShay scored big for JJ Watt to Dallas. Dallas still drafted an All Pro, but it wasn't JJ Watt.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 09:28 AM)
They went through his and McShay's picks the last several years a few months ago.. I think they just used their final mock drafts. They did underperform overall, but McShay scored big for JJ Watt to Dallas. Dallas still drafted an All Pro, but it wasn't JJ Watt.

My point is that mock draft accuracy is dumb and shouldn't be what they are graded on. They mock players to "what they think will happen" and not what "they think should happen". WE should look at their overall big boards and see if the players at the top end up as the best players in the draft.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 10:16 AM)
My point is that mock draft accuracy is dumb and shouldn't be what they are graded on. They mock players to "what they think will happen" and not what "they think should happen". WE should look at their overall big boards and see if the players at the top end up as the best players in the draft.

What they did was compare the picks they made for teams vs. what the teams actually selected. It really wasn't a positional thing, but a performance based comparison. They mock by what they think should happen, looking at team needs, etc. At least Kiper and McShay do. They underperformed vs. the real thing which makes sense since if they were better, teams could save a lot of money and fire their scouts .

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 12:16 PM)
I L L

I N I

He has been pretty damn good the past 2 years, plus he's a pretty big corner. I wonder if he can start from day 1 and push Jennings into the nickel slot CB where I think he is best suited.

Also, if you would of told me Alan Ball would be entering his 9th NFL season, I would of thought you were crazy. As an Illini fan, glad to hear he is a Bear and has had a productive career.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 12:26 PM)
I N I

He has been pretty damn good the past 2 years, plus he's a pretty big corner. I wonder if he can start from day 1 and push Jennings into the nickel slot CB where I think he is best suited.

Also, if you would of told me Alan Ball would be entering his 9th NFL season, I would of thought you were crazy. As an Illini fan, glad to hear he is a Bear and has had a productive career.

Ball was really good in 2013. Last year, he tore his bicep. Let's hope that has healed.

I love that Pace is signing almost everyone to 1 year deals, except for McPhee.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 06:58 PM)
This is killing me....

What the hells a COP back? It was used describing Rodgers..... Is it "Catcher of Passes" or does it have something to do with his ability to protect the QB or is it because cop sounds like comp and they're saying he's a complimentary back.

I'd say it's probably "change of pace" back.

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 08:23 PM)
I'd say it's probably "change of pace" back.

dios mio, that's probably it....Though Quiz isn't really a change of pace back in comparison to Forte, from all I've read he only has average speed.

...Also, Alan Ball got 3M from the Bears. That's starter money right there.

Edited by scs787

Listening to an audio snippet of Pace being interviewed about the McDonald signing and I kind of had to cringe. He sounded like a teenager with the way he was talking. He said "We take these things seriously, ya know? But uuummm...". It was the first time I though to myself man I hope this guy didnt dupe us into thinking he was smart. LOL I know its being overly critical just wanted to put it out there. It wasnt just the words he used but it was the way he said them as if he is an aww shucks type of guy.