2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 09:18 AM)
Per Brad Biggs, Roberto Garza has been informed he will be released. It was a quality career in a Bears uniform for that man

Wasn't he resigned by Emery right before he was fired?

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 10:22 AM)
Is De La Puente still under contract? He seemed like he could be a solid C in the league.

Nope, and there seems to have been low interest from bears.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)
I think the Bears have signed more free agents this year than the Packers have in the past 10 years.

You can blame Emery and Trestman for that. Zero depth and aging players.

At least Pace/Fox have brought in young free agents on prove it deals.

I think the Bears have signed more free agents this year than the Packers have in the past 10 years.

For sure. The good thing from our perspective is that they've all been 1 year deals (except McPhee). These are just stop-gap players until they can begin to plug in their own talent through the draft (or at least I hope that's the plan).

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 11:07 AM)
For sure. The good thing from our perspective is that they've all been 1 year deals (except McPhee). These are just stop-gap players until they can begin to plug in their own talent through the draft (or at least I hope that's the plan).

McPhee, Rolle, Royal are all 3 year deals.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 11:15 AM)
McPhee, Rolle, Royal are all 3 year deals.

Honestly forgot Royal signed a 3 year deal. Was thinking it was a 2.

But all of Rolle's guaranteed money is in the 1st year, so I consider him a one year deal.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 10:51 AM)
You can blame Emery and Trestman for that. Zero depth and aging players.

At least Pace/Fox have brought in young free agents on prove it deals.

Blame Angelo/Lovie as well. They had trouble drafting/developing the last 4-5 years of their tenure.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 09:18 AM)
Per Brad Biggs, Roberto Garza has been informed he will be released. It was a quality career in a Bears uniform for that man

Was surprised Garza was back last year his performance not real good last 2 years.

Yeah, but keep in mind bears had lowest amount of players on contract when FA began, and there was the whole system change thing.

Funny after the first week, bears fans on wcg were asking whether pace was going to do anything.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 08:32 PM)
Cutler donated a signed ball to the Anti Cruelty Society's fundraiser.

There were no bids.

Disgusting. I hope he wins 3 rings for us and shuts everyone up and goes down as one of the most loved Bears ever!!!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 10:58 AM)
Disgusting. I hope he wins 3 rings for us and shuts everyone up and goes down as one of the most loved Bears ever!!!

It really is disappointing. You would think the people there bidding on things arent there because they really want all that crap but because they want to donate for the cause. And their hatred for Cutler exceeds their willingness to donate for the cause they are looking to support? Its laughable to me but whatever...its their money.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 11:42 AM)
It really is disappointing. You would think the people there bidding on things arent there because they really want all that crap but because they want to donate for the cause. And their hatred for Cutler exceeds their willingness to donate for the cause they are looking to support? Its laughable to me but whatever...its their money.

It's amazing the lengths people will go to "hate" a person because he doesn't play a sport up to their expectations. My son played youth football and drew #8 when Grossman was the QB for the Bears. Adults on the sidelines teased him about the number and Grossman even though he played d line.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 10:27 AM)
Was there a starting bid or did I miss out on a $1 NFL autographed ball?

At the very least, just play street football with or use the football to play with your kids (even if you didn't want the autograph).

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 01:29 PM)
Cutler is cruel to his own kids so it's good he wasn't supported.

He maybe stupid and ignorant for not getting them immunized but I wouldn't label it as cruelty.