2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 11:49 AM)
I am thinking the best route the Bears could have taken would have been to get rid of Cutler so they would likely tank. This way you could have still built your defense but you would have been bad enough to get a high draft pick and possible top QB in next years draft. With Cutler and this new defense they are going to be good enough to be in the middle of the pack and for what?

Keeping Cutler might be a better way to tank...

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 11:49 AM)
I am thinking the best route the Bears could have taken would have been to get rid of Cutler so they would likely tank. This way you could have still built your defense but you would have been bad enough to get a high draft pick and possible top QB in next years draft. With Cutler and this new defense they are going to be good enough to be in the middle of the pack and for what?

There is no QB in college that is worth tanking for.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 02:40 PM)
After the Hawks and Bulls bring home trophies in June, and the Sox add one in October, there's going to be a lot of pressure on the Bears to complete the collection.

The hex is real.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 12:54 PM)
If you can get a top QB, great, if you can't, we could end up far worse as a result of that. It is not easy to find serviceable QB's in this league. I have zero problem with the organization's plan to test Jay out with this new regime who is already knee deep in cleaning up a gigantic pile of poop.

There are a lot of "if's" and you have to roll the dice somewhere. Pace has said the QB is the most important piece to building a winning team. Certainly they don't have much confidence that Jay will ever be the guy. Draft a QB every year and you hipe to eventually hit on someone capable.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 02:08 PM)
Keeping Cutler might be a better way to tank...

True dat.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 02:29 PM)
There is no QB in college that is worth tanking for.

We dont know that yet. Its far to early to make that statement. QB's develop from here on all the way to the next draft and there could absolutely be someone that emerges in that time span.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 03:16 PM)
There are a lot of "if's" and you have to roll the dice somewhere. Pace has said the QB is the most important piece to building a winning team. Certainly they don't have much confidence that Jay will ever be the guy. Draft a QB every year and you hipe to eventually hit on someone capable.

He's mentioned he might do that. Doesn't mean it has to be in the first round. I wonder if Grayson is there in the 2nd if Pace will take him?

I'm generally not a fan of QBs in rounds 2-4, but these guys know more than me.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 01:22 PM)
Why did Jim Harbaugh interview Jameis Winston? I just don't understand why he did that, he is the head coach of Michigan, what does he have to do with Winston

I'm guessing he did it for the exposure. I'm sure recruits know a lot about him, but it can't hurt his credibility to be interviewing top pro prospects all over ESPN.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 03:15 PM)
I'm guessing he did it for the exposure. I'm sure recruits know a lot about him, but it can't hurt his credibility to be interviewing top pro prospects all over ESPN.

Winston prepared for the draft in Ann Arbor with Harbaugh. Not sure why.

I know people say the draft is far over hyped and is much to do about nothing because we don't know how any of these guys are going to turn out but I am extremely excited as I am every year. To me, it gives everyone a huge insight into the mindset and plan of the teams management. The fact that every teams future hinges on the draft and the fact that it opens up awesome conversation about speculations and predictions. I am pumped for this week!

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 10:03 AM)
I know people say the draft is far over hyped and is much to do about nothing because we don't know how any of these guys are going to turn out but I am extremely excited as I am every year. To me, it gives everyone a huge insight into the mindset and plan of the teams management. The fact that every teams future hinges on the draft and the fact that it opens up awesome conversation about speculations and predictions. I am pumped for this week!

There isn't a draft I don't love watching. Mlb doesn't even do a good job and I still love it.

That said, the one thing that annoys me about NFL draft is the pseudo expertise of fans who go crazy thinking they know where a player should go because they read a bunch of mock drafts. There is always a bunch of groupthink hate or hype on certain players that is unwarranted.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 10:32 AM)
There isn't a draft I don't love watching. Mlb doesn't even do a good job and I still love it.

That said, the one thing that annoys me about NFL draft is the pseudo expertise of fans who go crazy thinking they know where a player should go because they read a bunch of mock drafts. There is always a bunch of groupthink hate or hype on certain players that is unwarranted.

The idiots are always annoying in sports. The worst guys are the ones that pretend to know it all with no specific examples to back up their opinions and no real information to back up with what they saying as they deem fact. Also there are the people that do have some information and are unwilling to accept any other view points.

But I do enjoy hearing the smart fans or analysts opinion about each guy in the draft.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 07:21 AM)
The idiots are always annoying in sports. The worst guys are the ones that pretend to know it all with no specific examples to back up their opinions and no real information to back up with what they saying as they deem fact. Also there are the people that do have some information and are unwilling to accept any other view points.

But I do enjoy hearing the smart fans or analysts opinion about each guy in the draft.

Fact...the Bears will draft a player in the 1st round Thursday. More analysis to come at 9.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 11:56 AM)
Is anyone going to any of the draft stuff going on this week? I keep forgetting it's in Chicago this year.

No, obsessing over the draft is the nerdiest thing I do. I don't want to be seen in public getting angry that the bears picked an undersized offensive tackle in the fourth over some player I had heard of so I assumed was better.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 11:29 AM)
Shane Ray was dumb for getting caught with some weed yesterday, but if he fell to the Packers, I would run that ticket up to the commissioner.

Some people are saying he could fall to round 3 or 4 now, too, which I think is ridiculous. If he's there in the 2nd for Kansas City I hope they jump all over him. That is exactly how they got Justin Houston (3rd round) a few years ago

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix