2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 01:12 PM)
Adam Jahns @adamjahns · 35m 35 minutes ago

#Bears GM Ryan Pace said there's seven players they've identified for the No. 7 pick.

Adam Jahns @adamjahns · 35m 35 minutes ago

#Bears will not pick up the fifth year option for Shea McClellin.

Adam Jahns @adamjahns · 31m 31 minutes ago

#Bears GM Ryan Pace said he's fielded calls for the No. 7 pick.

Adam Jahns @adamjahns · 25m 25 minutes ago

#Bears GM Ryan Pace won't rule out moving up in the draft but said you have to be extra mindful of the cost and get the pick right.

Adam Jahns @adamjahns · 24m 24 minutes ago

#Bears GM Ryan Pace's big board includes 170 players.

How is he gonna pick players in round 7 then? :o

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 15m 15 minutes ago

Bears entertaining trade offers for Pro Bowl TE Martellus Bennett, per league sources. Bennett wants a new contract in Chicago or anywhere.

Adam Jahns @adamjahns · 15m 15 minutes ago

#Bears GM Ryan Pace said they've removed players from their big board because of character concerns and injury reasons.

A 3rd maybe for Bennett?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 01:24 PM)
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 15m 15 minutes ago

Bears entertaining trade offers for Pro Bowl TE Martellus Bennett, per league sources. Bennett wants a new contract in Chicago or anywhere.

Adam Jahns @adamjahns · 15m 15 minutes ago

#Bears GM Ryan Pace said they've removed players from their big board because of character concerns and injury reasons.

A 3rd maybe for Bennett?

No chance. 5th rounder.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bears are "entertaining trade offers" for TE Martellus Bennett.

Bennett is entering the third year of a four-year, $20.4 million contract and wants a new deal. With a new regime in Chicago, the Bears are probably at least open to the idea of saving some money and acquiring more picks in the draft with Bennett coming off a career season in which he posted a 90-916-6 line. The "Black Unicorn" led all tight ends in targets with 125. He just turned 28.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:17 PM)
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 18m 18 minutes ago

Before Seattle traded for Jimmy Graham, it had trade discussions with Bears about Martellus Bennett. Could have been Bennett Bros in SEA.

I don't mind the idea of trading away Marty, but there is basically nothing at the TE position after him. I know he wants a new deal, but we've still got him under control for two years at a really reasonable price. Not sure that a 3rd/4th round pick is worth trading away a guy with his skillset at age 28.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:31 PM)
I don't mind the idea of trading away Marty, but there is basically nothing at the TE position after him. I know he wants a new deal, but we've still got him under control for two years at a really reasonable price. Not sure that a 3rd/4th round pick is worth trading away a guy with his skillset at age 28.

Yeah but he could hold out, and the Bears could be left holding the bag. The NFL is one league you can't get mad at players for wanting to renegotiate. They could get cut and get nothing, so if he turns out better than what was being paid, he has every right IMO to moan about money.

Yeah, I understand why they would look to trade him, but after the black hole the Greg Olsen trade left for a few years, I'd be worried to get rid of him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)
Yeah, I understand why they would look to trade him, but after the black hole the Greg Olsen trade left for a few years, I'd be worried to get rid of him.

This is also supposed to be a very weak year for NFL-ready TEs. A couple projects but bad enough that even I've realized it's supposed to be a weak draft for that spot.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)
This type of rumor really seems to support the idea that the Bears dont see themselves as contenders this year. Pretty hard to imagine theyll get equal value to what Bennett brings.

Yeah. I never understood the public opinion that switched over to them being in win now mode. They signed a bunch of free agents because guess what?...they didnt have enough players to field a team. They are in total rebuild mode and I am fine with that. Its the smartest thing to do. Trade every player that you can that you don't envision being here in 2-3 years.

GET PICKS PACE!

For where the Bears are now... f*** it, trade him. Get the picks.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 12:31 PM)

I think Bennett is an explosive TE. I don't trade him unless we are talking about a 2nd round pick. I doubt we would get that, but if we could, i'm all for it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
I think Bennett is an explosive TE. I don't trade him unless we are talking about a 2nd round pick. I doubt we would get that, but if we could, i'm all for it.

Your choice could be to pay him with a new contract based on last season, or trade him. Will he still be productive in a couple of years? Will his act wear thin? I have no idea, but he wants to get paid, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears aren't willing to give him more money or trade him, we will see a holdout.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 12:24 PM)
Whoever this is:

Russell Lande

‏@RUSSLANDE

Heard that Falcons told Missouri DE S. Ray that they will draft him 7th overall, The Packers are targeting LB D. Perryman with the (2 of 3)

Paul Kuharsky

‏@PaulKuharskyNFL

#Titans source: #Browns have not made an offer for No. 2.

He's been slipping in projections for a while now though.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 12:24 PM)
Whoever this is:

Russell Lande

‏@RUSSLANDE

Heard that Falcons told Missouri DE S. Ray that they will draft him 7th overall, The Packers are targeting LB D. Perryman with the (2 of 3)

Was this before or after the marijuana thing?

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 04:48 PM)
With only six picks, I doubt it.

They will have more when its all said and done. They are ready to wheel and deal because I am sure they know this team needs soooooooo much that six just isnt enough. You would have to hit on all 5-6 of them to be where you want to be.

I just don't even see the point. If you aren't going to draft mariota or winston, you are just drafting a QB to draft a QB. If we use a pick, they'll be off the team in 2 years. I'd rather us pick up Blanchard again.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 10:36 AM)
I hope the Bears take Amari Cooper. Polian said he's Reggie Wayne with speed.

Gruden compared him to Tim Brown, which is a comparison I like a lot. Wayne/Brown...either way, I'm all about that.

I just hope we truly go BPA. I'd be happy with mostly of the guys projected to go in our range, except Scherff. He was extremely unimpressive against Tennessee in the bowl game. Dude was getting beat bad by our freshman DE. I see why most people say he projects as an OG.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 05:45 PM)
Gruden compared him to Tim Brown, which is a comparison I like a lot. Wayne/Brown...either way, I'm all about that.

I just hope we truly go BPA. I'd be happy with mostly of the guys projected to go in our range, except Scherff. He was extremely unimpressive against Tennessee in the bowl game. Dude was getting beat bad by our freshman DE. I see why most people say he projects as an OG.

Yeah, if this class was as good as last years with olineman, I would love an olineman at 7.