2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 08:04 PM)
So do you think they take White if the Marshall move never occurred?

Yes. If he was BPA, then you have to.

It's why the Jets took Leonard Williams even though they have 2 Pro Bowl guys who play his position in Wilkerson and Richardson.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 07:37 PM)
I love how everyone believes in BPA until push comes to shove and they want to draft need. Glad Pace did what he believes in. Marshall was the Ozzie Guillen of bears. His time was done.

Good post.

I wasn't a huge fan of White coming into the draft, but I liked him well enough. I'm more than fine with the pick. The Bears were in a tough spot. No one else was really worthy of the 7th pick. Just a tough year to have the 7th pick with this being such a weak draft.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 09:57 PM)
I think Bear fans will be happy with White come September. White is a true #1 receiver with size and speed.

At 7, a player pick this high has to be an impact player. White could be that dynamic player we dont have in the offense for Cutler and after Cutler is gone

QUOTE (bulokis @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 10:09 PM)
At 7, a player pick this high has to be an impact player. White could be that dynamic player we dont have in the offense for Cutler and after Cutler is gone

Many people had him ranked above Cooper who went #4. He will wear #13.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 10:25 PM)
I get a kick out of Collins not being the first safety taken and him slipping so far. I know a lot of people who wanted him at 7 and ya, no.....Id take him in the 2nd though, even though Im comfortable with Role/Mundy.

If we could pull off Collins in the 2nd, that would be amazing.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 10:25 PM)
I get a kick out of Collins not being the first safety taken and him slipping so far. I know a lot of people who wanted him at 7 and ya, no.....Id take him in the 2nd though, even though Im comfortable with Role/Mundy.

If Collins or Gregory are there at 7, I would be extremely happy.

It's becoming more and more apparent that Bennett will be dealt or cut. Maxx Williams is a sleeper pick for the Bears.

Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald - 0 super bowl titles. You have to build inside out. I hate the pick.

But don't worry, guy will go for 1,400 and 10 TD regularly, and the Bears will miss the playoffs regularly, too.

Look at the teams winning Super Bowls. They don't invest in WR in the draft. I think the highest picked WR to win a super bowl the last decade Is Hakeem Nicks at 29.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 10:57 PM)
Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald - 0 super bowl titles. You have to build inside out. I hate the pick.

But don't worry, guy will go for 1,400 and 10 TD regularly, and the Bears will miss the playoffs regularly, too.

Look at the teams winning Super Bowls. They don't invest in WR in the draft. I think the highest picked WR to win a super bowl the last decade Is Hakeem Nicks at 29.

Seattle traded a 1st round pick for Percy Harvin. The Ravens spent a 2nd on Torrey Smith and just spent a 1st on Breshod Perriman. The Broncos spent a first on Demarius Thomas. Colts drafted Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison in first round. The 49ers drafted Michael Crabtree in the first round. Super Bowl team the Cardinals had Larry Fitzgerald.

So no, the Patriots do not spend 1st rounders on Wide Receivers, but plenty of other super bowl teams spent draft resources for wide receiver talent. This is just a stupid hot take that means nothing.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 10:08 PM)
Seattle traded a 1st round pick for Percy Harvin. The Ravens spent a 2nd on Torrey Smith and just spent a 1st on Breshod Perriman. The Broncos spent a first on Demarius Thomas. Colts drafted Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison in first round. The 49ers drafted Michael Crabtree in the first round. Super Bowl team the Cardinals had Larry Fitzgerald.

So no, the Patriots do not spend 1st rounders on Wide Receivers, but plenty of other super bowl teams spent draft resources for wide receiver talent. This is just a stupid hot take that means nothing.

Making the Super Bowl is not winning the Super Bowl.

Maybe the Bears arent competing for a Super Bowl this year?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 09:57 PM)

I think you're trying to make something out of nothing. Many of the SB winners over the last 16 years have had 1st-round WRs on their team.

Let's take a quick look at SB winners since 2000. 8 of the 16 have had 1st round WRs on their team. Now, they didn't necessarily all draft those guys. But in instances like Keyshawn and Harvin, their teams gave up 1st rounders to get them. Or with Plaxico, the Giants dished out a big contract to get him from the Steelers. To me, having to do that is the same as actually using a 1st round pick on a WR.

Rams - Torry Holt

Bucs - Keyshawn Johnson

Colts - Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne

Giants - Plaxico Burress

Steelers - Santonio Holmes

Saints - Robert Meachem

Giants - Hakeem Nicks

Seattle - Percy Harvin

There are many ways to build a team. Selecting a WR in the 1st round does not seem to correlate to not winning super bowls.

This logic is flawed. One team wins the title every year (not necessarily the best team either) and there are a ton of other variables. You could do the same thing with NBA point guards since Isiah Thomas. Just because Chauncey Billups and Tony Parker are the best pg's with rings in that stretch (I'm not counting Kidd or Payton because they were well past their prime) doesn't mean you pass on a potential stud at the position if you don't love your other options.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 1, 2015 -> 08:27 AM)
I wonder how far Gregory drops. His mental profile must really be scary, because he is a first round talent

He was on Polian's do not draft list. He mentioned he had off the field issues, and then quietly said that's not all.