2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even before today, it was a well-known fact that Hardy is an asshole who shouldn't be in the league. How he's playing for the Cowboys and Ray Rice is unemployed is beyond me.

No, I'm not saying Rice > Hardy, I'm saying they're equally terrible.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)
Even before today, it was a well-known fact that Hardy is an asshole who shouldn't be in the league. How he's playing for the Cowboys and Ray Rice is unemployed is beyond me.

Jerry Jones is a moron, but it's not hard to see why Hardy is playing and Rice isn't. Hardy is a Pro Bowler and Rice is garbage.

But as people, they're both garbage, and while I watch a lot of Cowboys, I can't watch that moron on the field.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 12:43 PM)
I wish injury on Greg Hardy, Jerry Jones is a complete piece of s*** for employing him and the NFL should be ashamed for allowing him in the league.

To the NFL's credit, they did try to suspend him 10 games, which then get reduced to four in arbitration. With the power of the players union, I'm not sure how easy it would be to suspend him again for longer or ban him.

Now teams choosing to sign him is another discussion altogether.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)
Jerry Jones is a moron, but it's not hard to see why Hardy is playing and Rice isn't. Hardy is a Pro Bowler and Rice is garbage.

But as people, they're both garbage, and while I watch a lot of Cowboys, I can't watch that moron on the field.

They're both Pro-Bowlers.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 12:53 PM)
Yeah Goodell is pretty much powerless.

Yup, it's annoying. Players get deserved suspensions and they always get reduced. Take Tom Brady, for example. Less extreme than Hardy, of course, but he still deserved to be suspended and it didn't happen.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)

Ray Rice can't play at a high level anymore, Hardy can. The end

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 09:02 PM)
It's amazing that NFL teams still put late game decisions in the hands of their coaches. Falcons FG try late today was the perfect example, they would have been better off had he missed.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/11/8/9694...oal-why-why-WHY

NFL coaches are just so ridiculously conservative.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 09:13 PM)

They are so scared of criticism for thinking outside of the box, they'd rather just lose following the same old decisions that have been made for decades. It took nearly getting fired for Ron Rivera to start coaching aggressively and it definitely hasn't hurt the Panthers.

One of these days a new younger GM is gonna recognize this problem and put somebody in charge of nothing but those decisions.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 09:13 PM)

You can say that again. Punting is the best example. I can't remember the actual statistical findings, but it's evident that teams punt too much and go for field goals too often.

If it's 4th and less than three, regardless of field position, coaches should go for it. If it's fourth and less than 7 and you're inside your opponents 40, you should go for it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 09:02 AM)
Next 4 games are vs. the NFC North. They will be 10-2 in a month and no one will remember this two game stretch.

They have to play in Minnesota in two weeks. Unless they suddenly figure out how to play football, I don't see them winning that game.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 09:19 AM)
They have to play in Minnesota in two weeks. Unless they suddenly figure out how to play football, I don't see them winning that game.

Meh, Minnesota's not very good, don't be fooled by their record. Either way, two games vs. DET and one vs. CHI should help cure their ills easily.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 09:02 PM)
It's amazing that NFL teams still put late game decisions in the hands of their coaches. Falcons FG try late today was the perfect example, they would have been better off had he missed.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/11/8/9694...oal-why-why-WHY

Who, in your opinion, should be making those decisions?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 11:12 AM)
Who, in your opinion, should be making those decisions?

Get an extra assistant coach on the sideline or upstairs to help advise in these crucial situations? I'm not a GM, but it's crazy that the coaches repeatedly make the same mistakes with games and seasons on the line.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 11:19 AM)
They should take a poll with fans and let them decide the next course of action.

That would put every punter in the league out of a job.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 12:34 PM)
Get an extra assistant coach on the sideline or upstairs to help advise in these crucial situations? I'm not a GM, but it's crazy that the coaches repeatedly make the same mistakes with games and seasons on the line.

That would put every punter in the league out of a job.

I just assumed that teams were already doing something like that. You'd think they would at least have some kind of situational plans in place.

Yes, no more need for punters, but the play clock would need to be increased to 5 minutes.