2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 2, 2015 -> 10:56 AM)
Ndamukong Suh will not be franchised, headed to free agency.

KC to franchise Justin Houston

Justin Houston non-exclusive, so teams can negotiate with him with KC getting right to match or 2 1st round picks. Also hearing that it is a very real possibility that Houston will hold out on signing his tender until Week 10.

Dez just franchised as well.

Good trade for both teams. Buffalo has no QB so they'll need to rely on the running game. Between Shady, FJax and Bryce Brown they can do that. I think Philly probably slightly won the trade though. Alonso could be a perennial pro bowl type player for them and they believe in Chris Polk.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 10:53 AM)
WR Brian Hartline visiting Bears today.

I wonder if that would mean the end of Marshall.

B, Alshon, Hartline would work in a sort of D. Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker sort of dynamic, but I'd prefer a Thomas, Welker, Emmanuel Sanders sort of dynamic. By that I mean letting B go and drafting a speed WR like Coates, Dorsett, or Smith in the 2nd or perhaps more realistically Tyler Lockett or Ty Montgomery in the 3rd.

The more this off season goes on the more I believe that the Bears are going to trade Cutler. The market for QB's is obviously one of the worst ever. It doesnt matter who you get to QB the Bears next year if someone blows you away with a deal with multiple high draft picks. If there ever was a time that someone would offer such a deal for Cutler it would be now. I think Pace is going to get a offer he just cant pass up and will figure the QB issue out for next year which is going to be a transition season anyways. Cutler is going to get traded this off season, I am sure of it.

QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 11:44 AM)
The more this off season goes on the more I believe that the Bears are going to trade Cutler. The market for QB's is obviously one of the worst ever. It doesnt matter who you get to QB the Bears next year if someone blows you away with a deal with multiple high draft picks. If there ever was a time that someone would offer such a deal for Cutler it would be now. I think Pace is going to get a offer he just cant pass up and will figure the QB issue out for next year which is going to be a transition season anyways. Cutler is going to get traded this off season, I am sure of it.

If they do it, it needs to be done before the cutoff date next week(the 12th i think) so it doesnt affect their cap going forward.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 11:49 AM)
If they do it, it needs to be done before the cutoff date next week(the 12th i think) so it doesnt affect their cap going forward.

Yeah ideally. But even if it doesnt that would mean they would just need to get more out of it from the other team later on. I really think they may get some dumb team to offer up 3-4 draft picks in the 2nd and 3rd range with one at least being a 1st rounder for Jay. Not that I think he is worth it but teams are freaking desperate right now. Like really really desperate.

QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 11:54 AM)
Yeah ideally. But even if it doesnt that would mean they would just need to get more out of it from the other team later on. I really think they may get some dumb team to offer up 3-4 draft picks in the 2nd and 3rd range with one at least being a 1st rounder for Jay. Not that I think he is worth it but teams are freaking desperate right now. Like really really desperate.

I'll believe it when I see it. Doesn't seem like teams are desperate, seems like they are willing to suck.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 12:39 PM)
I'll believe it when I see it. Doesn't seem like teams are desperate, seems like they are willing to suck.

They are just playing that poker game. In the end I think someone is going to go balls out for him.

Has anyone here messed around with Fanspeak.coms "manage the cap"....It looks like fun (basically a madden offseason) but it keeps messing up. I offered McCourty 5/50 with 30% guarenteed, and it gives him a 30M dollar cap hit. Obviously that's not what I'm shooting for here.

Any other sites out there that have similar simulators for a guy looking to kill some time?

From Brad Biggs via the score...

"One NFL source said the Bears are shopping Marshall with the idea of moving him. Another source said his belief is the team is taking calls in regard to Marshall. Either way, trades cannot be finalized until 3 p.m. Tuesday."

I just dont know if they can get anything for him when teams can easily take the cheaper option and pick up a impact WR in the draft. Its been done a whole lot lately.

Or just wait til the Bears release him. They have no leverage.