2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 27, 2016 -> 04:18 PM)
It may get more non season ticket holders to the preseason games. I think that is the goal.

I just give mine away anyway. On StubHub they always went for half of face value, so I don't know if that changes much. I guess I can now charge my friends $8 more if I take them to a regular season game, so that's a plus!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 12:20 PM)
I just give mine away anyway. On StubHub they always went for half of face value, so I don't know if that changes much. I guess I can now charge my friends $8 more if I take them to a regular season game, so that's a plus!

I just mean the casual fan who may not have access to tickets. It will be a cheap way to go. The preseason is the only time my wife will go to a game because its still warm. I give the other away as well.

the down side is that if they are bad, it may make it tougher to find takers for the high priced "premium" games.

Edited by ptatc

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2612093...amming-national

Elizabeth Porter Bowman, 78, of Northbrook, Illinois died peacefully January 9, 2016, surrounded by her children. Betsy was an elementary school teacher and later a tutor, but her passion and focus was being a dedicated and involved mother and grandmother. She was a woman of loyalty, integrity, opinion, curiosity and intelligence. A lifelong fan of the Cubs, Blackhawks and Bears (except Jay Cutler).
Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 31, 2016 -> 04:26 PM)
Calvin Johnson retiring

Saw this rumored a few weeks ago. Not sure if this applies to him but this CTE stuff will definitely make guys think about extending their careers longer than they have to.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 31, 2016 -> 06:50 PM)
The amount of empty seats at the pro bowl should tell the NFL something. Name players as a Pro Bowler but ditch the game.

It might be interesting if they tried some sort of skills challenge instead of an actual game. Remember the old QB challenges back in the 90s? Those were fun to watch.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 1, 2016 -> 07:19 AM)
It might be interesting if they tried some sort of skills challenge instead of an actual game. Remember the old QB challenges back in the 90s? Those were fun to watch.

If you think about it, for the most part what do people tune in to see in the other ASG's? The home run derby, the dunk contested/3 point contest, and even the skills competition in the NHL gets a lot of attention.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 1, 2016 -> 08:24 AM)
If you think about it, for the most part what do people tune in to see in the other ASG's? The home run derby, the dunk contested/3 point contest, and even the skills competition in the NHL gets a lot of attention.

The NHL Skills Competition is the best part of any of the league's All-Star weekends

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 1, 2016 -> 07:19 AM)

I used to love those challenges so much. And they had the QB Challenge game on GameBoy, I played that a lot, lol. (I can't wait to tell my kids about Gameboy, ha)