2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 5, 2016 -> 10:24 AM)
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 33m33 minutes ago

Johnny Manziel's dad, Paul, told Dallas Morning News, "I truly believe if they can't get him help, he won't live to see his 24th birthday."

Wow. Why that shouldn't be a shocking statement it is still crazy to hear that from his dad.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 5, 2016 -> 06:23 PM)
Why is Manziels dad laying this at the NFL's feet? That is YOUR son, dude. The NFL provided help and look where we are now

Especially since it's not like some of these issues weren't around when he was in high school, etc. It's a frustrating situation all around.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 5, 2016 -> 11:28 AM)
Especially since it's not like some of these issues weren't around when he was in high school, etc. It's a frustrating situation all around.

Absolutely, I read a profile during his college days talking about all of the extra curriculars he was involved in even during high school. There is no doubt that he has a substance abuse problem that he needs help for, but there definitely seems like some "affluenza" is involved as well.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 5, 2016 -> 12:15 PM)
Dallas, if only for the attention.

Most sources down here seem to think Stephen Jones doesn't want Manziel, especially considering he won't be eligible to play the whole season. They sound more interested in RGIII.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 5, 2016 -> 05:41 PM)
No comments on the Bears 30for30 doc? I cried like a baby at the end.

It was really good, I'm just kind of done with the 85 Bears. I'm proud of them and I love 34, but part of why these guys are so renowned is directly tied to how bad this organization has been in the Super Bowl era.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 5, 2016 -> 06:12 PM)
Except a large portion of it had nothing to do with the Bears as an organization, but a deeper look at the personalities and relationships they had with each other. I have NO connections to the 85 team other than being born and raised in Chicago. I'm not even a big Bears fan.

But a positive comment followed by a negative slight from you? Color me shocked.

I'm just tired of celebrating a 30 year old team.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 5, 2016 -> 05:41 PM)
No comments on the Bears 30for30 doc? I cried like a baby at the end.

As a toddler I watched a replay of Super Bowl XX on VHS every single day. That and the "Play It Again" jukebox video, which was amazing (If you haven't seen it, find it on YouTube). I couldnt get enough.

1. Thursday nights out with the Bears must have been insane. Without cell phone cameras, I'm sure there was much more freedom for the players to party. That and the Super Bowl being in NOLA, it seems like they had their fun.

2. I was surprised to see how upset Walter was about not scoring a TD in the Super Bowl. I knew it was a big deal in general, but I had no idea it bothered him that much.

3. The Buddy Ryan stuff brought some tears, especially the letter at the end. Surprised to not hear any mention of Rex or Rob though.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Feb 5, 2016 -> 06:14 PM)

Most of us are, I've heard more than enough of Mongo promoting west suburban strip clubs on the Score. But this was a national broadcast by the new elite documentary series. Sit back and enjoy it. The Bills 30 for 30 just came out and was just as entertaining.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Feb 5, 2016 -> 06:14 PM)

I've been ripping people for years who still drool over the 85 team, but that documentary was awesome and worthy of being made.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Feb 5, 2016 -> 05:14 PM)

While I somewhat agree, there really hasn't been anything like that team in my lifetime. It was the perfect storm of hungry city, unbelievable team, and unmatched personalities.

I don't feel like I'll ever see anything like it again.

I'll add that it's funny to hear anyone (especially Chicagoans) criticize the Panthers for being arrogant or celebrating too much. No team celebrated more than the '85 Bears. And we all ate it up.

Edited by Middle Buffalo