2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 10:24 AM)
For the record I am not equating DUI or possession with rape, I don't believe it is or should be treated the same. This league is full of violent people who do violent things, and sometimes that leaks into their personal life. I bet if we looked up and down the Bears roster we would find some issues that go beyond dui and possession

Kadeem Carey, whom if we cut, I would not shed a tear.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 12:03 PM)
Apparently John Fox said that the team approached him about restructuring his contract. No word on whether he agreed to do it

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago

Clarity on what Fox meant about addressing Cutler’s contract. They never talked about redoing it, did talk as contract deadline closed in

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 10:03 AM)
Apparently John Fox said that the team approached him about restructuring his contract. No word on whether he agreed to do it

I tend to think that Jay without Marshall will be a good thing. I think Jay probably was in some extremely difficult positions given his friendship with B as to how to handle the whole B being a lockeroom cancer thing. We know Jay has his flaws as a leader but he works hard, etc, and I think being in that position where he isn't a "strong" leader was pretty difficult (in addition to not having someone else in the lockeroom that could control the situation).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 10:32 AM)
I agree. I think the way the Bears have handled everything in regards to this was pretty solid. Smells like a well ran organization with strong lines of communication, etc. Plus it was important to be in front of this vs. being behind and I think they basically immediately handled the situation given the background of the player they brought in.

To me it sounds like no one wanted to be that guy who approved signing McDonald, so they spread the blame all over the organization in case something goes wrong. I would have preferred to see the new GM just take credit and/or blame for the signing.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 10:53 AM)
Yeah, luckily he's just a guy that left visible bruises on his pregnant girlfriend.

I actually was really down on McDonald but from what I have read, his girlfriend beat him up and he basically put his hands on her to remove her from him. He supposedly did not strike her or anything of the sort, rather removed her from him and given his size vs. hers it left some minor bruising. It doesn't sound as if he struck her. In fact, I thought I had heard something about she had hit him or pointed a gun at him. Not saying the guy is a saint or anything but it appears that most people close to the investigation do not believe he did it.

Hub had a good article referencing a close contact he had in the Niners organization who vouched for Ray and said he did not believe the allegations were true.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 01:01 PM)
Based on what?

I heard that McDonald plans to sue that woman and that they have video evidence that proves the sex was consensual. That was from sports radio yesterday.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)
I actually was really down on McDonald but from what I have read, his girlfriend beat him up and he basically put his hands on her to remove her from him. He supposedly did not strike her or anything of the sort, rather removed her from him and given his size vs. hers it left some minor bruising. It doesn't sound as if he struck her. In fact, I thought I had heard something about she had hit him or pointed a gun at him. Not saying the guy is a saint or anything but it appears that most people close to the investigation do not believe he did it.

Hub had a good article referencing a close contact he had in the Niners organization who vouched for Ray and said he did not believe the allegations were true.

You know, I have a hard time giving benefit of the doubt here, when the person he called was the director of security who called an off-duty cop, who arrived before the police. Maybe that's what happened...but it certainly smells like b.s. to me.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 01:01 PM)
Based on what?

Did you read the affidavit's on the case? They are public. He may have. He may not have either though. Evidence suggests otherwise. They were drinking and having a good time at McDonald's home. Were both drunk. McDonald's story is that they had sex consensually and then they spent the entire day together the following day. He claims to have thought that they hit it off. After she left that night, she said that he took advantage of her while she was drunk. The charge was rape by intoxication. He absolutely could have done that. Maybe he didn't though. I wasn't there. Neither was anyone else.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 01:05 PM)
I heard that McDonald plans to sue that woman and that they have video evidence that proves the sex was consensual. That was from sports radio yesterday.

ARod was going to sue regarding Biogenesis. The authorities alledgedly have the tape and have yet to clear him of any wrong doing.

I just wonder if this guy is always so innocent , and really just a victim of women, why the 49ers released him.

I'm sure there are some bad guys on the Bears, but they knowingly just signed another.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 01:05 PM)
You know, I have a hard time giving benefit of the doubt here, when the person he called was the director of security who called an off-duty cop, who arrived before the police. Maybe that's what happened...but it certainly smells like b.s. to me.

He needed Ray Donovan to make it all go away.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 01:15 PM)
Did you read the affidavit's on the case? They are public. He may have. He may not have either though. Evidence suggests otherwise. They were drinking and having a good time at McDonald's home. Were both drunk. McDonald's story is that they had sex consensually and then they spent the entire day together the following day. He claims to have thought that they hit it off. After she left that night, she said that he took advantage of her while she was drunk. The charge was rape by intoxication. He absolutely could have done that. Maybe he didn't though. I wasn't there. Neither was anyone else.

So you don't know, but because the Bears could use a DE, there's a pretty good chance he is innocent. How do you explain the bruises on his fiance's neck?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 01:27 PM)
So you don't know, but because the Bears could use a DE, there's a pretty good chance he is innocent. How do you explain the bruises on his fiance's neck?

I never tried to explain the bruises on his fiancee's neck. I don't care who they sign. I've always said this. I compartmentalize things like this. I want to be entertained on Sunday. I don't really care what these guys do on their time. The majority of people have jumped to the conclusion that he's guilty already though when he may not be. From what I read, there is no case. Especially if the defense attorney has the surveillance video that he claims to have. I can't speak on the domestic assault case. Charges weren't filed and that doesn't mean he's innocent but should the man never be able to work again?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 01:01 PM)

Jay Cutler met with #Bears personnel without his agent as deadline approached for guaranteed money in 2016. Team left convinced he’s the guy

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 01:05 PM)

Clarity on what Fox meant about addressing Cutler’s contract. They never talked about redoing it, did talk as contract deadline closed in

Guys, remember, the Bears don't need to restructure his contract, they have the right to convert money to a bonus at any time if they choose to do so. They already did so they could sign Allen before Cutler even played a game under that contract.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
I never tried to explain the bruises on his fiancee's neck. I don't care who they sign. I've always said this. I compartmentalize things like this. I want to be entertained on Sunday. I don't really care what these guys do on their time. The majority of people have jumped to the conclusion that he's guilty already though when he may not be. From what I read, there is no case. Especially if the defense attorney has the surveillance video that he claims to have. I can't speak on the domestic assault case. Charges weren't filed and that doesn't mean he's innocent but should the man never be able to work again?

I think he should be able to work, just why should he be able to work in the NFL?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 01:44 PM)
Guys, remember, the Bears don't need to restructure his contract, they have the right to convert money to a bonus at any time if they choose to do so. They already did so they could sign Allen before Cutler even played a game under that contract.

This is why these comments are incredibly confusing.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 01:47 PM)
I think he should be able to work, just why should he be able to work in the NFL?

Well because he's a football player? That's his job. When accountants get a domestic assault charge and get fired they most likely go to another accounting firm and get a job. If you want to play professional football in the United States, well the NFL is where you go.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 01:50 PM)
And if he is able to work in the NFL, I would hope the Bears would be above hiring him.

Why would they be above hiring him though? They have Ka'Deem Carey on their roster. People willingly cheered for Brandon Marshall for the last 3 seasons as well in a Bears uniform. They are a football team. They have to weigh risk/reward every day. Apparently they think this risk is worth it.