2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 06:29 PM)
I just don't even see the point. If you aren't going to draft mariota or winston, you are just drafting a QB to draft a QB. If we use a pick, they'll be off the team in 2 years. I'd rather us pick up Blanchard again.

I know the odds are against it, but let's not forget that the 2014 winning/2015 losing Super Bowl QB was drafted in the 3rd round.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 05:58 PM)
I know the odds are against it, but let's not forget that the 2014 winning/2015 losing Super Bowl QB was drafted in the 3rd round.

There have been draft classes with interesting QBs that were not in round 1. This is not one of those drafts.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 05:58 PM)

That is definitely the exception and not the rule though.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 12:24 PM)
Whoever this is:

Russell Lande

‏@RUSSLANDE

Heard that Falcons told Missouri DE S. Ray that they will draft him 7th overall, The Packers are targeting LB D. Perryman with the (2 of 3)

I thought the Bears picked 7th?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 03:58 PM)

And last years winner and a total stud was drafted in the 6th round.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 08:23 AM)
Here is a list of good qb's taken outside the first two rounds of the draft over the past ten years.

Russell Wilson.

Maybe Matt Schaub. He was pretty good for a few years.

Plus the list of crap the first 2 rounds probably outnumbers the good QBs by quite a bit. The Bears are going to have to get lucky. There's a chance they won't be able to find anyone who is as good as Cutler for many years.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 08:33 AM)
Plus the list of crap the first 2 rounds probably outnumbers the good QBs by quite a bit. The Bears are going to have to get lucky. There's a chance they won't be able to find anyone who is as good as Cutler for many years.

The list of guys taken in the 2nd round wasn't very good either. Maybe one or two more good players.

The list overall is pretty bad. Goes to show how hard it is to find a good QB.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 09:23 AM)
Here is a list of good qb's taken outside the first two rounds of the draft over the past ten years.

Russell Wilson.

There's been a few others that were decent: Orton, Cassell, Fitzpatrick, Foles, Cousins. Maybe Mallett. But your point remains.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 08:39 AM)
There's been a few others that were decent: Orton, Cassell, Fitzpatrick, Foles, Cousins. Maybe Mallett. But your point remains.

The fact that Orton is on your list and rightfully so, shows the problem. Orton was the Bears QB when the Bears QB wasn't good enough to get the Bears where they needed to go..

The Bears made the Super Bowl with Grossman, so it isn't like they can't win games and be really good without an elite QB, but it is no lay up getting one. And it is probably only going to get harder getting to where they want to be without one. Have they really ever had one? If you look at it objectively, you could easily conclude Cutler is the best QB they have ever had.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 08:23 AM)

Russell Wilson.

Matt Flynn? He was 7th round.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 09:13 AM)
really, the list of good QBs taken in the past 10 years isnt all that long. 1st through 7th round. Elite QBs are mostly older QBs like Brady and Manning

Just to improve a teams chances they might wanna take about three QB's every draft. LOL Its like buying 10 lottery tickets to increase your odds.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 09:13 AM)
really, the list of good QBs taken in the past 10 years isnt all that long. 1st through 7th round. Elite QBs are mostly older QBs like Brady and Manning

It's much better than it used to be. But, yeah, if you are going to get a good QB it will be in the first.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)
@RossTuckerNFL: Eagles. Wow. RT: @975TheFanatic: Tim McManus "Two 1sts, future 2nd rd, Cox, Kendricks, and Vinny Curry is the latest package in deal."

Lol. That would be so great.