2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 08:07 PM)
Bears wanted Williams after he got picked by Jets they took BPA in White. Bear defense is not going to be fixed in any one draft.

This. They made the right move if trade downs weren't there.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (staxx @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 08:07 PM)
They took the BPA. Cant be mad. Much rather them do this than reach for Shelton as Emery would do.

They could have kept Marshall and not needed to waste a pick on a WR. That's what a competent organization would have done.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 08:07 PM)
Bears wanted Williams after he got picked by Jets they took BPA in White. Bear defense is not going to be fixed in any one draft.

You have to start somewhere. The Bears offense is the side that needs the least improvement. With a quality QB the Bears offense easily could have been top 5 last year. Is Cutler going to be a quality QB this year, who knows. But adding a WR isnt going to change the dynamic of the Bears offense.

The smart play would have been to trade down, accumulate picks and improve the defense.

I hope Kevin White becomes a pro bowl player, but right now the Bears have 3 guys who can catch a lot of passes already and there are only so many downs.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 08:10 PM)
You have to start somewhere. The Bears offense is the side that needs the least improvement. With a quality QB the Bears offense easily could have been top 5 last year. Is Cutler going to be a quality QB this year, who knows. But adding a WR isnt going to change the dynamic of the Bears offense.

The smart play would have been to trade down, accumulate picks and improve the defense.

I hope Kevin White becomes a pro bowl player, but right now the Bears have 3 guys who can catch a lot of passes already and there are only so many downs.

Can't trade down If nobody wants the pick sounds like Bears had no action on it.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 06:10 PM)

Until they trade another away for 30 cents on the dollar.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 08:15 PM)
Can't trade down If nobody wants the pick sounds like Bears had no action on it.

Id have to imagine the Bears got offers, they just may not have gotten the "perfect" offer. No way to know for sure, but I really just dont like another offensive skill position player. Like I said, I hope that he becomes a Pro Bowl player.

I can dig it. The defense has a lot of guys who could be good making the transition to the 3-4 under Fangio. Get the offense back to the 2013 level, and see what those defensive guys can bring to the table.

Hell I'd like to see them go OT in the 2R.

Edited by scs787

I love how everyone believes in BPA until push comes to shove and they want to draft need. Glad Pace did what he believes in. Marshall was the Ozzie Guillen of bears. His time was done.

So Ryan Pace and John Fox are going ALL IN on Jay Cutler again? Did they not notice the scattered bodies they had to step over to get this job?

Oh well, the Bears will find a new group of stooges to try and make it work with Cutler in a few years.

I assume the Bears didn't get rid of Brandon for no reason and were fully aware they unloaded an immensely talented and productive receiver. Marshall aside, White gives the offense something it hasn't had in a while, which is speed.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 08:55 PM)
So Ryan Pace and John Fox are going ALL IN on Jay Cutler again? Did they not notice the scattered bodies they had to step over to get this job?

Oh well, the Bears will find a new group of stooges to try and make it work with Cutler in a few years.

What does drafting a WR have to do with Jay Cutler?

The last 2 years Adam Gase had 3 good WEs and a good TE. Now he has that here in Chicago.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 09:04 PM)
So do you think they take White if the Marshall move never occurred?

If the Marshall trade never occurred, he would have been released, so yes, White would have been still the pick.

Reading through the comments on Facebook from social media, meatball Bears fans don't get it. Kevin White was the best player available. Shelton at 7 would have been extremely high. This Cutler complaining is really getting old too - they are going through a multi-year rebuild that will involve some mediocre seasons. There's also plenty of talent still available in the remaining rounds to restock the defense as well.