2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 8, 2015 -> 10:18 PM)
Because of Shaun hill?

Why would they want him in addition to Claussen?

It's a terrible move for next year but it's a definitive rebuilding move. Trade away everyone and at least Hill fills the role next year while hunting for or grooming a better QB.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 9, 2015 -> 01:47 AM)
So a Houston Texans radio host is saying SF is talking about Kaepernick with the Bears and Eagles. The guy has a reputable history.

Which one? If it's Zierlien, he's well-connected and would probably know.

Edit: nevermind. Not as familiar with this Braddock guy.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 8, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)
They can probably cut one without consequence. It means nothing. Not that cutler is here to stay, but Shaun hill signing is inconsequential.

I think you are right, but:

QB Rating Career:

Hill. 85.5

Cutler 85.2

One Bear no one is talking about is Forte. I think the Bears should trade him while they can. I think his contract only has a year to go, and do you really want to pay him what he probably could get after that considering his age? A player that fits in for a longer more reasonable term or draft pick(s) seem to me a better choice considering a Super Bowl seems like a ridiculous bet next season.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 9, 2015 -> 08:53 AM)
According to CBS Sports, the Raiders gave Rodney Hudson 5 years, $44.5 million. I honestly have no idea who that is, which probably suits the Raiders.

He's a pretty good center. Did real well for KC this past year, but by no means is considered among the elite 2 or 3 centers in the league. But the Raiders just gave him the biggest contract ever for a center. The Raiders are so dumb.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 9, 2015 -> 07:53 AM)
According to CBS Sports, the Raiders gave Rodney Hudson 5 years, $44.5 million. I honestly have no idea who that is, which probably suits the Raiders.

He's one of the better centers in the league, but that is a crazy amount of money for a center.

Bad teams will do a lot bad team things today.

They won the off season!!

San Fran surprise coming Monday

Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2015, 9:13 AM EDT

At a time when the 49ers are trying to shoot down rumors regarding a possible trade of quarterback Colin Kaepernick, the 49ers soon will have another significant issue to deal with.

Some very surprising news related to the 49ers is coming, likely later today, regarding a key player on the team who won’t be on the team in 2015. A formal announcement is expected on Tuesday.

That’s all we can say for now. But when it happens, you’ll be shocked — even though you’re now duly braced to be shocked.

Meanwhile, feel free to make a guess in the comments. Winner gets a free one-year subscription to PFT.

Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider · 23m 23 minutes ago

Pernell McPhee to Chicago Bears on five-year, $40 million deal, nearly $16 million guaranteed: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/...0309-story.html

Pernell McPhee emerged as top under-the-radar pass rusher with 7.5 sacks behind Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil, played half the snaps

Aaron Leming @AaronLemingNFL · 37m 37 minutes ago

Re McPhee: was rated the 2nd best OLB behind J. Houston last year via @pff & can be effective at either OLB or 5-tech. He's 280. #Bears

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 9, 2015 -> 08:43 AM)
Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider · 23m 23 minutes ago

Pernell McPhee to Chicago Bears on five-year, $40 million deal, nearly $16 million guaranteed: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/...0309-story.html

Pernell McPhee emerged as top under-the-radar pass rusher with 7.5 sacks behind Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil, played half the snaps

Aaron Leming @AaronLemingNFL · 37m 37 minutes ago

Re McPhee: was rated the 2nd best OLB behind J. Houston last year via @pff & can be effective at either OLB or 5-tech. He's 280. #Bears

That's a huge signing for the Bears. Still only 26 and only 16 million guaranteed.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 9, 2015 -> 09:12 AM)
@Rand_Getlin

Source: the #49ers are bracing themselves for the loss of LB Patrick Willis. Expecting him to retire.

Wow, he's only 30, did hear he might get cut too.

Would look great in a Bears uni.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 9, 2015 -> 07:46 AM)
The #1 free agent on the market got $60 million guaranteed. The White Sox gave $46 million to a relief pitcher. Tell your kids to stick with baseball.

I always say if I was a professional athlete it would go like: MLB, NBA then NFL.

MLB has the most security with guaranteed deals and the least possible long time damage.

NBA is flashiest but you really have to be a star to make bank and the lifestyle can lead to losing a lot of money.

NFL is just terrible health and guaranteed money.

I really don't want to see Forte go for sentimental reasons.

I also want Shane Ray if he falls to Bears for obvious Mizzou homer reasons, also they should sign Sam. Go Mizzou.

Apparently Ray is slipping on draft boards. Wouldn't mind trading back.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 9, 2015 -> 09:57 AM)
49ers looked like they were going to be a powerhouse for years. Now they might be the worst team in that division.

Certainly looks that way. But this is a good draft for them to start loading up on defense again and to finally find some WR depth.

It is crazy the NFL disparity. Obviously with 52 players, there is going to be some less impact in total salaries. But it is insane considering the billions in that league how basically the top players (QBs) are talking 60 million contracts (when guarantees are factored in only), and that was basically Melky Cabrera, somewhat sought after LF.