2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RapSheet: The initial diagnosis on #Packers WR Jordy Nelson is a torn ACL, source said. Horrible news. Awaiting MRI results to confirm.

I saw it happen, and I thought his reaction was one that showed something was wrong. He tried to tough it out and ran off the field but you could tell. He landed and turned in the same motion

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 08:12 AM)
NFL Preseason is garbage. The NFL isn't going to cut it down anytime soon either.

If I was a coach I would pick about 15 guys and never play them.

2 preseason games is more than enough IMO.

I have a feeling if the preseason is reduced, then there will be a season in which there are a lot of early season injuries and everyone will say "See? If you dont play these preseason games, then you dont get your body ready for the season"

It really sucks, but the NFL is a devastating game on the health of these guys. Nelson blew his ACL on no contact, that could have happened in practice today if he didnt play yesterday.

Yeah, one or two games for rookies and new players to get their feet wet, but that's about it.

The other thing the NFL needs to act on is teams with crap fields. Late August and Heinz field is a mess. There was probably 3 or 4 players go down yesterday with non contact injuries. One of the Steelers beat writers said it's been an ongoing problem there. NFL makes 900 billion dollars a year and NFL teams play on high school quality fields.

I don't have a problem with a fairly long preseason but I do think it winds up being a mistake playing the veterans in these games. The "long preseason" gives the 2nd team and the rookies a chance to work and get up to speed that they really need, but because they've sold ticket packages for 10 games instead of 8, every team faces pressure to put their actual starters into the lineup when really they'll be ready to go anyway.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 06:17 AM)
I have a feeling if the preseason is reduced, then there will be a season in which there are a lot of early season injuries and everyone will say "See? If you dont play these preseason games, then you dont get your body ready for the season"

Colleges don't have preseason games, and I don't think there's a significantly larger percentage of injuries early in the season. But, you're correct. That is the first thing people would say if there was a significant injury in the first game.

Players are constantly contradicting themselves when it comes to injuries. The same guys that say they'd have to be dragged off the field or that they grab another body part to mask getting their bell rung (possible concussion), argue that the NFL doesn't care about them.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 09:42 AM)
Damn, Ratliff suspended 3 games due to a DWI he pleaded guilty to, from 2013( when he was a cowboy)

That blows

That is just absurd. How does this happen that far after the fact? Did the case just get resolved or something? I'm glad Brady is taking the league to court with this stuff. By the way, ratfliff should face whatever he needs to related to the incident, but it should be known based upon a predefined schedule and should have happened back when it happened.