2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 30, 2015 -> 10:23 AM)
Hopefully some good tackles in this draft.

Will be an interesting cut day Tuesday. I'd bet we pick up some WR as mariani has been only one who has proven st and competent WR.

Meredith looked pretty smooth out there against Miami but that's where it ended. Lawrence looked like he had a clue yesterday but he also had an easy 3rd down drop.

Tunsil and Stanley would be outstanding picks if the Bears are picking in the top 7 again.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 30, 2015 -> 05:01 PM)
Tim Jennings released. Extremely surprised. Even though he has struggled this preseason, with the terrible depth in the secondary, I cannot believe he got cut.

They were really disappointed in his "man" cover skills. He was making too much money and really needs to be in a primarily zone system.

As a Chiefs fan, this is the most excited I've been as a fan. Deepest team I've seen. Offense is a lot better and Smith will take more chances. I'm not a fan of his but he can get the job done. Our defense is awesome. We play the Bears in like week 5.

How do talk feel about the Bears?

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 12:35 AM)
As a Chiefs fan, this is the most excited I've been as a fan. Deepest team I've seen. Offense is a lot better and Smith will take more chances. I'm not a fan of his but he can get the job done. Our defense is awesome. We play the Bears in like week 5.

How do talk feel about the Bears?

Nauseated

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 06:25 AM)
Nauseated

Middle of last season? This word would be completely fair. Right now they're rebuilding and doing so with a better, more experienced coaching staff than anyone could have hoped for in their wildest dreams last year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 06:27 AM)
Middle of last season? This word would be completely fair. Right now they're rebuilding and doing so with a better, more experienced coaching staff than anyone could have hoped for in their wildest dreams last year.

Agreed. I just want to see progress this season, Im not expecting a lot.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 30, 2015 -> 06:24 PM)
They were really disappointed in his "man" cover skills. He was making too much money and really needs to be in a primarily zone system.

Money didn't play a role as they still have to pay him $4.4 million this year. But he was pretty awful last year. It's nice that they ate the money and are moving on. As fans, we certainly were sold a bill of goods in regards to the talent level with the old regime. A lot of people bought it. As bad as Trestman was as a head coach, Emery was probably worse as a GM.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 06:27 AM)

this is true. 2015 was going to be a bad, bad team under either regime. Yes we are rebuilding, but I think the frustrating (or nauseating) thing is how far this team needs to go. The bears need this last draft class, plus 2 or 3 more draft classes to excel berore they can start realistically contending.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 08:35 AM)
this is true. 2015 was going to be a bad, bad team under either regime. Yes we are rebuilding, but I think the frustrating (or nauseating) thing is how far this team needs to go. The bears need this last draft class, plus 2 or 3 more draft classes to excel berore they can start realistically contending.

Ehhhh, I haven't looked at who's under contract for next year but I truly believe it can be quicker than that.

OT (Or OG depending on their plans for Long) and CB are the only glaring holes that need to be fixed to me. I'm an Amos fan (although I was a Vereen fan too and that didnt work) and think he surprises a lot of people.

I know people will want to see improvement, but I think they will. They just have a talent deficiency which was quite apparent in April but for some reason we started getting fooled when pads started.

Team has no depth on Oline, so any injuries will be brutal. It has no secondary depth, which we are used to.

But, even as bad as saturday was, I was still pleased to see players swarming tackles and playing hard, they just aren't identifying plays well yet, or are just not that good and are getting blocked.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 10:09 AM)
I know people will want to see improvement, but I think they will. They just have a talent deficiency which was quite apparent in April but for some reason we started getting fooled when pads started.

Team has no depth on Oline, so any injuries will be brutal. It has no secondary depth, which we are used to.

But, even as bad as saturday was, I was still pleased to see players swarming tackles and playing hard, they just aren't identifying plays well yet, or are just not that good and are getting blocked.

My ideal season is to see the young guys show promise, growth and buy-in to the new systems...and also with some encouraging season ending stat lines would be nice. I want the team to look good and competent but not enough to actually win many games. I am willing to give up wins this year to have one of the top picks if not the top pick in the draft.

Bears can be God awful and I will still enjoy watching football this year so give the worst record and allow them to pick their quarterback of the future.