2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 04:14 PM)
Monte Ball might be getting cut as well and could be a pick up for the Bears.

Forte, Ball, Langford, Carey would be siiiiiiick.

Rodgers would make it ahead of Carey

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 08:58 AM)
The Bears get embarrassed minus Jeffery, Royal and Wilson on Saturday and all of a sudden the articles written by beat writers months ago about "worst team in the NFL" can finally be published. Am I the only one who thinks that they can win 6-8 games?

No I think they are a 6-7 win team if the WR's are healthy. The only way they go 2-14, 3-13 is if Cutler goes down. That's the only way.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 08:58 AM)
The Bears get embarrassed minus Jeffery, Royal and Wilson on Saturday and all of a sudden the articles written by beat writers months ago about "worst team in the NFL" can finally be published. Am I the only one who thinks that they can win 6-8 games?

Winnable: OAK, MIN, SF, WAS,

Maybe: ARI, @STL, @MIN, @TB, DET

No Chance: GB, @ SEA, @KC, @DET, @SD, DEN, @GB

If they win the 4 easiest home games, win a couple of the toss-ups, I could see 6 or 7 wins.

Yeah there is no chance the defense is a bad or worse than last year. They literally had a hard time stopping any drive of the opponent. Even with worse players Fangio will have them cohesive enough to be better than that mess of last year.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 09:48 AM)
It's not fun to watch, but ultimately wouldn't you want to be a 3 or 4 win team over being 6 or 7 win team?

Could be the difference in getting one of the better QB.

Totally agree. This should be a tank season. They have zero shot at the playoffs, why not play for a better draft position? I have no idea what the crop of QB's looks like, but if it's a short list, make sure you're in the top 3.

Bears acquired TE Khari Lee from the Texans in exchange for a 2017 sixth-round pick.

Lee was an All-American at D-2 Bowie State and signed with the Texans as an undrafted free agent. He didn't impress at his Pro Day, however, displaying subpar athleticism with a 5.05 forty and 9-foot-7 broad jump. Lee caught 5-of-6 preseason targets for 71 scoreless yards. The Bears like him as an inline blocker.

Source: John McClain on Twitter

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 11:54 AM)
Yeah there is no chance the defense is a bad or worse than last year. They literally had a hard time stopping any drive of the opponent. Even with worse players Fangio will have them cohesive enough to be better than that mess of last year.

You guys watched the last preseason game with the starting D unit getting steamrolled right? What have you seen thus far to make you think they'll be any better? Throw in the injuries/suspension too.

Other than unbridled hope and optimism that new/different = better, there's no reason to think this year will be any better.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 11:55 AM)
Bears acquired TE Khari Lee from the Texans in exchange for a 2017 sixth-round pick.

Lee was an All-American at D-2 Bowie State and signed with the Texans as an undrafted free agent. He didn't impress at his Pro Day, however, displaying subpar athleticism with a 5.05 forty and 9-foot-7 broad jump. Lee caught 5-of-6 preseason targets for 71 scoreless yards. The Bears like him as an inline blocker.

Source: John McClain on Twitter

He did a sweet Bill O'Brien impression on Hard Knocks though.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 12:02 PM)
That Bears secondary could be the worst in the NFL. If they don't put pressure on a QB, they are going to have some ugly games.

I agree. Mundy's gone, Jennings is gone... we have to rely on Fuller and Rolle to carry the secondary.

I don't know if I like that.

For whatever reason I like the front 7. At least the starters anyway. Allen, McPhee, Houston, Young, and Nacho have all showed signs of being able to play the position.

I think they'll be much better against the run. Against the pass is gonna be a problem though. I do believe Fox and Donatell specifically are guys who are pretty good at teaching up the secondary though and expect the young guys to get better as the year goes on.

The bears last year had 3 straight games where they were down by 30 points or more at halftime.

I don't know if you assume that by people thinking the bears will improve means that they are the seahawks, but, no I do not expect the Bears to have 3 straight games giving up 30+ points at halftime. I expect the one of the best game planning defensive coordinators in football to create more effective defenses than Mel Tucker.

The secondary, to me, does not seem appreciably worse than last year. The linebackers are going to be better, the line better.

Does that mean top 15 d? No, but is that an improvement to last year? yes.