2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 08:03 AM)
With all the awful QB in this league, it's amazing that Brett Hundley lasted until the 5th round.

Has looked great so far.

I was pissed we didn't take him. I love Hundley's athleticism and moxy. I understand why he fell (he really didn't show improved pocket presence / instincts his last season at UCLA), but was amazed at how far he fell.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 11:07 AM)
I was pissed we didn't take him. I love Hundley's athleticism and moxy. I understand why he fell (he really didn't show improved pocket presence / instincts his last season at UCLA), but was amazed at how far he fell.

Yeah, those were some of the knocks on him. He has shown pretty good pocket presence so far. He also doesn't put his head down and run when his first option isn't open. He is always looking down field. I'm sure the Packers have drilled him on that.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 12:15 PM)
Some teams have started, but they don't have to until 3pm tomorrow.

Yeah, I was wondering if some names have leaked yet. Most of them will be guys where you're just like "who?", but there always seem to be a few where you're like "hmmm".

Edit: I did just see that Darnell Dockett was cut from the 49ers.

Edited by Big Hurtin

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 11:30 AM)
Yeah, I was wondering if some names have leaked yet. Most of them will be guys where you're just like "who?", but there always seem to be a few where you're like "hmmm".

Darnell Docket is out there. I have a feeling the Bears would rather use this season to analyze guys like Ego and Sutton vs going out and grabbing Docket. Of course at one point they did have Ray McDonald so perhaps I'm wrong.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 11:59 AM)
@AaronWilson_NFL

Louis Nix released by Texans, according to sources. Former third-round draft pick from Notre Dame

Kind of a surprise.

Bears should be all over him and see if he can take on NT spot since Ratliff is suspended and Goldman has a concussion.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 10:14 AM)
Bears should be all over him and see if he can take on NT spot since Ratliff is suspended and Goldman has a concussion.

This would make total sense. No downside, if he can't play, see you, but upside exists. Nix profiles as a prototypical NT and a change of scenery might do him wonders. This is all presuming he has a clean bill of health.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 12:16 PM)
This would make total sense. No downside, if he can't play, see you, but upside exists. Nix profiles as a prototypical NT and a change of scenery might do him wonders. This is all presuming he has a clean bill of health.

Yeah I agree, Bears want to get young anyway and this helps. If he is healthy, (I believe it was his knee issue coming out of college), then Goldman and Nix would be a great rotation once Ratliff is gone.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 11:43 AM)
Darnell Docket is out there. I have a feeling the Bears would rather use this season to analyze guys like Ego and Sutton vs going out and grabbing Docket. Of course at one point they did have Ray McDonald so perhaps I'm wrong.

Seems like Dockett would be a perfect match. He doesnt have a troubled history does he? I really have no idea.

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)
Seems like Dockett would be a perfect match. He doesnt have a troubled history does he? I really have no idea.

He hasn't played in like 2 years and is old. Bears need to be entirely focused on getting young guys that they think might be able to turn into something. Even if you hit on one or two of them in this process, it is 1 or 2 assets we can leverage going forward when we don't have many.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 01:22 PM)
He hasn't played in like 2 years and is old. Bears need to be entirely focused on getting young guys that they think might be able to turn into something. Even if you hit on one or two of them in this process, it is 1 or 2 assets we can leverage going forward when we don't have many.

Damn, the 49ers gave him a 2 year $7+ mil deal before this season. I shouldnt be surprised with the niners being a complete mess right now.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 11:02 PM)
DAVID. FALES.

Also Carey was very good too. People forget he's actually younger than Langford who they just drafted this year. Should be interesting to see the cuts.

Players pay and gift other teammates for numbers. Cutler should do the same to try to get Fales to give up his last name. It would be a perfect fit.

I am certainly interested in Nix, but looking at a projected 53 man roster....Who do you cut? Right now there are 7 guys you can make an argument should be on this team. Goldman, Ego, Sutton, Ratliff, and Jenkins are locks. Then the case can be made for Terry Williams and Corneleus Washington as well. You could probably say Nix is the better prospect than Williams and Washington may not be a fit(still kinda surprised he is on the DL vs OLB)...But then the whole "Availability is the best ability" argument comes in.

Do you go 8 deep for a 3 front? Cut Washington or Williams?

The thought of him panning out and being paired with Goldman (who I think could play outside) is very appealing though.

Edited by scs787

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 1h1 hour ago

#Bears have informed CB Qumain Black he will be placed on waivers.

#Bears have informed OLB Kyle Woestmann he will be placed on waivers. Had a nice showing last night with 2 sacks vs #Browns

#Bears S Anthony Jefferson scheduled to have surgery to repair his arm injury on Tuesday. He is candidate to be placed on injured reserve.

#Bears have informed veteran TE Dante Rosario they will terminate his contract.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 53m53 minutes ago

#Bears have informed WR Rashad Lawrence, who started the last two games, he will be placed on waivers.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 47m47 minutes ago

#Bears have informed veteran TE Bear Pascoe his contract will be terminated