2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BradBiggs: #Bears are expected to place QB Zac Dysert on waivers.

@BradBiggs: #Bears have informed TE Gannon Sinclair he will be placed on waivers. Was claimed from Arizona earlier this week.

@BradBiggs: #Bears have informed LB Jonathan Anderson he will be placed on waivers. Good candidate to return to practice squad after solid preseason.

@BradBiggs: #Bears have informed OLB David Bass he will be placed on waivers. Could return to practice squad if he clears. 4-3 DE fit as well.

@BradBiggs: #Bears have informed OL Michael Ola he will be placed on waivers. He started 12 games last season.

@BradBiggs: #Bears have informed LB Matthew Wells, acquired in trade with #Patriots, that he will be placed on waivers.

@BradBiggs: #Bears will waive/injured WR AJ Cruz, who suffered a sprained ankle in practice on Tuesday.

@AaronLemingNFL: Hearing some rumbling that OLB Willie Young could be on his way out. Nothing confirmed yet, though. #Bears

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 12:28 PM)
@ProFootballTalk: Eagles cut Tim Tebow http://t.co/XFlRSEhu3S

I feel bad for tebow but I laugh at the likes of ESPN and Orlando Sentinel writer Mike Bianchi. The guy is the biggest Tebow fanboy out there. Check out @bianchiwrites on Twitter and see his two articles from today. Guess he counted his chickens a little too quickly after the Barkley trade.

Mills and ola both cut. Bears sign Patrick omameh who started all 16 games for the bucs at RG last year. There's no way Long isn't playing RT this year. And probably LT next year.

IIRC Mills graded out horribly by PFF

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 01:58 PM)
Mills and ola both cut. Bears sign Patrick omameh who started all 16 games for the bucs at RG last year. There's no way Long isn't playing RT this year. And probably LT next year.

IIRC Mills graded out horribly by PFF

Bushrod did too. I believe both Mills and Bushrod ranked in the bottom 5 in pressures given up the past 2 years.

But yeah, I would be surprised if Long isn't at one of the tackle positions.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 02:12 PM)
Bushrod did too. I believe both Mills and Bushrod ranked in the bottom 5 in pressures given up the past 2 years.

But yeah, I would be surprised if Long isn't at one of the tackle positions.

Long has to move outside at this point.

@DickersonESPN: #Bears' practice squad: Jonathan Anderson, Lamin Barrow, Nick Becton, Brandon Dunn, Jacoby Glenn, Paul Lasike, Jalen Saunders....(cont)

@DickersonESPN: (Cont)...Gannon Sinclair, Ify Umodu & Terry Williams.

Alshon Jeffery (calf) did not participate in practice on Monday.

The Bears have been mostly mum about Jeffery's status since he strained his calf in early August, but they have intimated Jeffery should be fine for the season opener. Missing Monday's practice is not a great sign. We should know more about Jeffery's status after the Bears submit an official practice report on Wednesday. Eddie Royal (hip) and Marquess Wilson (hamstring) did participate on Monday.

Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter

It was a good read on how organized spygate was, and I didn't read all of it to see the stuff on the rams, however:

- To me it's annoying with the timing I can't help but find it to just be an NFL dump to espn to gain favor

- Honestly, I am not sure I followed spygate that well, as I thought it was all about the Rams not about taping defensive signals. I'm a little surprised that is illegal. Otherwise why do coaches cover their mouths as they talk, or try to obscure the signals at all?

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 10:14 AM)
It was a good read on how organized spygate was, and I didn't read all of it to see the stuff on the rams, however:

- To me it's annoying with the timing I can't help but find it to just be an NFL dump to espn to gain favor

- Honestly, I am not sure I followed spygate that well, as I thought it was all about the Rams not about taping defensive signals. I'm a little surprised that is illegal. Otherwise why do coaches cover their mouths as they talk, or try to obscure the signals at all?

If it is an NFL dump, it makes Goodell look like a bumbling idiot.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 10:27 AM)
If it is an NFL dump, it makes Goodell look like a bumbling idiot.

Does it? I guess part 2 changes things. Part 1 just seems like an outline of "the whole rest of the league thought the patriots had it coming after spygate and so this was a makeup call, here's how bad the Pats cheating was".

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 10:14 AM)

Its one thing to have someone looking across the field trying to decipher what the other team is doing, but its a different game when you are having someone recording those signals and bringing them back to the coach at halftime.

I could have sworn that they were also recording the defensive signals in the walk thrus and practices before the game

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 10:29 AM)
Yeah that article killed Goodell.

he has been dead in the water for a while now

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 10:36 AM)
Its one thing to have someone looking across the field trying to decipher what the other team is doing, but its a different game when you are having someone recording those signals and bringing them back to the coach at halftime.

I could have sworn that they were also recording the defensive signals in the walk thrus and practices before the game

The fact that it was so wide spread (at least 40 games, if not more) and they got caught and told to stop, but THEN KEPT DOING it, is the killer for me. That and the NFL's clear cover-up that I guess makes a little sense given the steroid scandal, but boy it makes the NFL look bad, Goodell in particular.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 10:52 AM)
The fact that it was so wide spread (at least 40 games, if not more) and they got caught and told to stop, but THEN KEPT DOING it, is the killer for me. That and the NFL's clear cover-up that I guess makes a little sense given the steroid scandal, but boy it makes the NFL look bad, Goodell in particular.

I love that the commissioner asked to have the evidence destroyed, of course the Patriots are going to come out and deny everything. THERE IS NO PROOF

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 10:44 AM)
I'm not a Tebow fan, in fact I dislike him immensely and think he's a scrub but I found this interesting.

1ertox.jpg

I think it's pretty s***ty he doesn't get more of a chance. Given the crap that some teams throw out there, and this guy can't even get a third string role somewhere? Pretty crazy.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 11:36 AM)

Doing a Kamikaze?

I heard that some former coaches admitted that they (Patriots) did have guys steal the opponent's play sheets.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 10:36 AM)

that's what I remember, that they were taping opponents' practices.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 10:58 AM)
Doing a Kamikaze?

I heard that some former coaches admitted that they (Patriots) did have guys steal the opponent's play sheets.

Yea this is in the ESPN article. Apparently it got so notorious that teams would leave out a fake sheet for them to steal.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)
I think it's pretty s***ty he doesn't get more of a chance. Given the crap that some teams throw out there, and this guy can't even get a third string role somewhere? Pretty crazy.

Yeah I would have liked to at least see him fail miserably on the field before being a cast away. It seems like he never really done that and there are quarterbacks in the league that are allowed to be bad on a yearly basis and still dont get cast away like Tebow.

Yea this is in the ESPN article. Apparently it got so notorious that teams would leave out a fake sheet for them to steal.

In HS our rival team had a player's sister who pretended to be into our QB so she could get some good intel. He knew exactly what the deal was. Not only did he feed her fake info, he got her to blow him for it.

They were down 3 TDs before they realized that our audibles didn't mean what they thought they did.