Big Ten Tournament

I think with all the other bubble teams that lost yesterday, IU is in. Winning today would get them out of the play-in round though. Ironically for Purdue, they were probably in no matter what if Iowa beat PSU, but now they probably have to avoid a bad loss to keep their spot.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 07:57 AM)
I think with all the other bubble teams that lost yesterday, IU is in. Winning today would get them out of the play-in round though. Ironically for Purdue, they were probably in no matter what if Iowa beat PSU, but now they probably have to avoid a bad loss to keep their spot.

I'd really like to see a "knowing we're back on track" win today. Man that would make me feel a lot better going into next Thursday.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 10:40 AM)
Dang it. I really am hoping Iowa can pull out a win but a win over PSU and potentially a 2nd win would have gone a long way in the seeding department. Now we are going to have a much tougher match up in the 1st round.

Plus they were coming in hot. It was the first time they had won 6 Big Ten games in a row in the same season, since Dr. Tom took them to the Elite 8, and they blew a huge halftime lead to UNLV and a trip to the Final Four.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 09:44 AM)
Plus they were coming in hot. It was the first time they had won 6 Big Ten games in a row in the same season, since Dr. Tom took them to the Elite 8, and they blew a huge halftime lead to UNLV and a trip to the Final Four.

And Gordon Beckham still sucks...

86-87 to be exact....Indiana, Michigan and Illinois players like Bardo from that time period always readily admit they were the best overall team in those days.

Iowa is still a 7 seed at SI.com, yahoo sports and Joe Lunardi.

They're unlikely to beat a one, but they could take out 2-3 on a hot shooting night.

And now Purdues in some danger...asking Iowa's loss a bit less anomalous...UCLA if they take down Az is the last team who can throw a monkey wrench into bubble for Texas and Indiana, among others.

Pu made last six points of the half to make it anyone's game going into the 2nd half...Psu up only five instead of eleven.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 14, 2015 -> 12:06 PM)
F Bruce Pearl. He's been a jag since his Horizon League days.

Yeah....I was one of Roy Marble's tutors/homework assistants when the Deon Thomas/Jimmy Collins thing blew up...predating UW-Milwaukee. Dr. Tom Davis was a great guy though, his mentor.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 14, 2015 -> 01:42 PM)
Ridiculously impressive 2nd half by the Badgers.

They're better without Jackson IMO. He's a dribbler and sub par scorer. More ball movement and more Frank with him on bench.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 14, 2015 -> 05:16 PM)
Do the Badgers get to bring the refs who never call fouls to the NCAA tourney with them or leave them behind in Chicago?

Something will break tomorrow. The two teams who have gotten all the calls this week meet.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 14, 2015 -> 12:30 PM)
Yeah, IU fans definitely want to see Auburn, Temple, Rhode Island, UConn and Wyoming all lose today.

UConn wins, gotta beat SMU tomorrow to steal a bid. They have quite the advantage with the tournament in Hartford. It seems like a home game, the majority of the conference schools are like a thousand miles away.