ST: 3/6 Game Thread, SOX @ SD, 2:05pm CT

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 03:23 PM)
From all reports he struggles with command on his fastball and at times his slider. That said, his stuff is electric and he doesn't need Cliff Lee's command and control to contribute this year. I'd be more curious as to what his fastball is sitting at. If it's 93-95, hell yea. 91-93 would be a little concerning, but it's early in spring.

I wouldn't read much into where his fastball is at right now.

They said Rodon was working almost painfully slow, especially with runners on base.

Hopefully Coop can tighten that up, using the Buehrle example as well as his lefty rotation mates.

He did throw both a curve and change at least a few times, reportedly.

Edited by caulfield12

Anderson not exactly quieting his doubters, but he could make ten to twelve errors and they'd probably give him 130 games in Birmingham still. Sounds like that was a very routine play, just lack of focus or concentration. Maybe pressing or trying too hard to impress, especially after the two errors yesterday.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 10:19 PM)
Anderson not exactly quieting his doubters, but he could make ten to twelve errors and they'd probably give him 130 games in Birmingham still. Sounds like that was a very routine play, just lack of focus or concentration. Maybe pressing or trying too hard to impress, especially after the two errors yesterday.

before i bail on him, i would like to see him in a full season in the minors.

but i would also like to commit to Aelexia for that extra season. i think it is an option yr.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 05:10 PM)
before i bail on him, i would like to see him in a full season in the minors.

but i would also like to commit to Aelexia for that extra season. i think it is an option yr.

at least 2 more seasons IMO....Anderson's not even close. As for Rodon today...he's nasty. Didn't really notice him working ridiculously slow...maybe a little...but that slider...Good Lord!!!!!!

QUOTE (Wanne @ Mar 7, 2015 -> 12:00 AM)
at least 2 more seasons IMO....Anderson's not even close. As for Rodon today...he's nasty. Didn't really notice him working ridiculously slow...maybe a little...but that slider...Good Lord!!!!!!

i know it is only 1 game, but do you think he may be ready at the beginning of the season or a little more seasoning is needed in the minors??

stuff wise.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 06:05 PM)
i know it is only 1 game, but do you think he may be ready at the beginning of the season or a little more seasoning is needed in the minors??

stuff wise.

Put him in the minors. Call him up later so we can hold that extra year of control over him because Boras.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 06:05 PM)

stuff wise.

Not sure he needs more "seasoning"...and I'm sure he'd benefit being in Charlotte a year...but he's got the goods right now IMO. It's all about his arm conditioning and preparing for a long season is what would concern me. Sox are very fortunate how the draft fell last year...that slider...geez.

I think the consensus is that Rodon's target range is probably 140-160 ip with a then reasonable expansion to 185-205 in 2016.

By the way, the fact that Harvey is already back to 99 mph after surgery with the Mets might encourage other teams to push the envelope knowing how far TJ surgery has evolved...and wary of another Strasburg situation repeating itself.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 08:21 PM)
I think the consensus is that Rodon's target range is probably 140-160 ip with a then reasonable expansion to 185-205 in 2016.

By the way, the fact that Harvey is already back to 99 mph after surgery with the Mets might encourage other teams to push the envelope knowing how far TJ surgery has evolved...and wary of another Strasburg situation repeating itself.

Ask Hanrahan hiw his TJ worked out. They are all different. With the studs, err on the side of caution although the Strasburg deal was different because that was a very legitimate shot at a championship.