2015 MLB Catch-All Thread

LittleHurt05

Buehrle needs 8.2 innings for 200.

4 shutout innings so far on 58 pitches.

edit: of course he's in trouble in the 5th now. I hope he doesn't pitch on Sunday just to get there. He's a starting pitcher that goes on 4 or 5 days rest. If he can't do it being who he is, then let the streak end.

Well, now it's 4 runs. Sorry, Burls, it's over. Great run 2001-2014. To be commended in today's game.

78 through 5. Maybe they just let him wear it to get it. Although homefield advantage is on the line, which apparently isn't important to these teams.

Edited by flavum

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 12:12 PM)
Just head on the Score that CC Sabathia is going to rehab (alcohol) and will miss the playoffs.

That's odd. Yankees could use CC for the playoffs. That could be a huge blow for the ALDS+ if they beat the Astros on Tuesday. Why couldn't he wait until after?

Edited by Soxfan90

Yankees left-hander CC Sabathia announced on Monday that he is leaving the team to enter an alcohol rehabilitation center and will not participate in the postseason that begins Tuesday.

"Today I am checking myself into an alcohol rehabilitation center to receive the professional care and assistance needed to treat my disease," Sabathia said in a statement issued by the Yankees.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/153360006/cc...l-rehab-program

QUOTE (Soxfan90 @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 12:20 PM)
That's odd. Yankees could use CC for the playoffs. That could be a huge blow for the ALDS+ if they beat the Astros on Tuesday. Why couldn't he wait until after?

When it's time to go, you gotta go.

Also, he himself may have thought about that too, and we just don't know how he's acting with his team and family.

Good for him for going.

QUOTE (Soxfan90 @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 12:20 PM)

There are more important things than baseball. Good luck to CC, and his family.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 01:23 PM)
There are more important things than baseball. Good luck to CC, and his family.

Great post, and I echo this sentiment 100%. I'm glad CC was strong enough to admit he had a problem and is now looking to turn his life around.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 12:12 PM)
Just head on the Score that CC Sabathia is going to rehab (alcohol) and will miss the playoffs.

The Babe just rolled over in his grave. :P

I give CC credit for checking himself in. Must not have been an easy thing to do.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 02:51 PM)
The Babe just rolled over in his grave. :P

I give CC credit for checking himself in. Must not have been an easy thing to do.

Particularly given the timing. I imagine there are extenuating circumstances that we may never hear about. I wish him good luck.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 04:50 PM)
Particularly given the timing. I imagine there are extenuating circumstances that we may never hear about. I wish him good luck.

I really hope we don't hear of those circumstances to be honest because everything I have ever read or heard about says that CC is a genuinely good person and I would hate to see him raked over the coals. I wish him the very best in his recovery and look forward to seeing him back on the mound in '16.