2015 MLB Catch-All Thread

LittleHurt05

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 22, 2015 -> 08:33 PM)
MLB just needs to end the Coors Field/Denver experiment. When the Mets are looking like the '27 Yankees, something's not right.

The Mets have been hot for a while now to be fair. .804 OPS the last 30 days.

Yankees and Blue Jays tied with 38 left. 7 head-to-head.

Ultimately, I think the Jays will win that division by 5, but the Sox will be in NY for four the second to last weekend. There will be an opportunity for ruining the Yankees season.

Edited by flavum

Not too long ago, he had no problem shredding the kids that were twitter trolling his daughter. I believe they were all fired from their respective jobs- one may have even been expelled from his school. Hopefully, he remembers that and quietly obliges when they come for his job. Being a bigot is bad enough, no need to be a hypocrite as well.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 02:00 PM)
Not too long ago, he had no problem shredding the kids that were twitter trolling his daughter. I believe they were all fired from their respective jobs- one may have even been expelled from his school. Hopefully, he remembers that and quietly obliges when they come for his job. Being a bigot is bad enough, no need to be a hypocrite as well.

It's not like hypocrisy is something new to Schilling.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2012/05/1...P56K/story.html

http://deadspin.com/yankees-yell-at-carlos...dium=socialflow

I don't see anything wrong with what Gomez did. Even though the game was out of hand, mad at himself for missing a pitch, when he has been struggling since going to the Astros. Yet, the Yankees going after him to act professional which I disagree with.

Also, the slide by Gomez looked fine to be as well, just over slid it.

Thoughts?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 09:32 AM)

I don't see anything wrong with what Gomez did. Even though the game was out of hand, mad at himself for missing a pitch, when he has been struggling since going to the Astros. Yet, the Yankees going after him to act professional which I disagree with.

Thoughts?

Yawn. I'm sure Brian McCann had something to do with it.

Edited by shysocks

Thoughts?

Shockingly Brian McCann didn't play last night, he's always been the most "professional " with that stuff. How about you stop throwing Chris Capuano out there and maybe you won't give up 15 runs?

Thoughts?

I don't think he even touched Ryan. Yes taking guys out with a head first slide is a good idea, as a knee to the head does not end well for the head.

Michael kay is a dope .

Thoughts?

Yeah, and people think Hawk is a homer...

The bottom 6 teams (by record) are all in the NL. I know 3 of the top 4 records are also in the NL, but this begs the question as to whether the top is playing particularly well or if the bottom is just really bad. Probably a bit of both. AL does have a .542 winning percentage in interleague play this year, and only 4 NL teams even have winning interleague records.

Edited by OmarComing25

I think my biggest pet peeve in watching baseball these days is how often the broadcast doesn't show where the infielders/outfielders are lined up for every hitter. With so many shifts being deployed, they really should give the viewer an idea of where the holes are prior to the ball being put in play.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 07:03 PM)
I think my biggest pet peeve in watching baseball these days is how often the broadcast doesn't show where the infielders/outfielders are lined up for every hitter. With so many shifts being deployed, they really should give the viewer an idea of where the holes are prior to the ball being put in play.

agreed.

Catching a game in Toronto next Sunday as part of my honeymoon (getting married Friday), excited to watch the Jays. Plan on picking up a Buerhle shirsey.

Prices as expected are much higher since the last time I caught a Sox game there in 2009 when we were able to walk up and get club level for under $50 Canadian. Stubhub is all $30-40 for the Upper Deck right now and where we sat then is around $100 American. Back then the exchange rate was pretty close where as now our dollar is stronger than Canada's.

Had to watch Roy Halladay own us that day... we jumped to a 2-0 lead on Halladay then got shut out which brought back bad memories from the year before in 2008 (infamous blow up doll clubhouse scandal broke that day!) when Halladay out-dueled Contreras who actually pitched the whole game and lost 3-2.

Edited by ROC Sox Fan

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Aug 30, 2015 -> 04:59 AM)
Catching a game in Toronto next Sunday as part of my honeymoon (getting married Friday), excited to watch the Jays. Plan on picking up a Buerhle shirsey.

Prices as expected are much higher since the last time I caught a Sox game there in 2009 when we were able to walk up and get club level for under $50 Canadian. Stubhub is all $30-40 for the Upper Deck right now and where we sat then is around $100 American. Back then the exchange rate was pretty close where as now our dollar is stronger than Canada's.

Had to watch Roy Halladay own us that day... we jumped to a 2-0 lead on Halladay then got shut out which brought back bad memories from the year before in 2008 (infamous blow up doll clubhouse scandal broke that day!) when Halladay out-dueled Contreras who actually pitched the whole game and lost 3-2.

If you can work out a deal for a suite in the hotel overlooking the field, I highly recommend it!

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2015 -> 01:03 AM)
If you can work out a deal for a suite in the hotel overlooking the field, I highly recommend it!

Oooo definitely gonna look into that right now, currently booked walking distance from the stadium (but can cancel for free), if we can just watch the game from our damn room for a similar price of hotel/tickets that is tempting!