2015 MLB Catch-All Thread

LittleHurt05

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 04:20 PM)
Cardinals give up a 7-spot in the 9th.

Pirates can get to 2 GB tonight with a 3 game series starting tomorrow.

The Cubs should be rooting for the Cardinals to win the division. They seem way more likely to win a 5 game series vs. STL than PIT, so might as well take your chances in a one game playoff against PIT with Arrieta.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 05:26 PM)
The Cubs should be rooting for the Cardinals to win the division. They seem way more likely to win a 5 game series vs. STL than PIT, so might as well take your chances in a one game playoff against PIT with Arrieta.

I'm just rooting for Cole to win a home game on October 7th.

Who the f*** does Papelbon think he is? Does he really think he's demonstrating how to be a veteran? I agree with his reason for being upset, but that's the worse possible way to show it. There's no excuse for that. I hope he apologized not only to Harper, but to the entire clubhouse for that one. He needs to apologize to the fans as well.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 10:41 PM)
Who the f*** does Papelbon think he is? Does he really think he's demonstrating how to be a veteran? I agree with his reason for being upset, but that's the worse possible way to show it. There's no excuse for that. I hope he apologized not only to Harper, but to the entire clubhouse for that one. He needs to apologize to the fans as well.

Yes, punching the NL MVP is a great idea, even better when he is your teammate.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/just-a-bit-ou...e-coming-092715

This column isn’t about debating that night. What’s done is done and Papelbon thought he endeared himself to his teammates by doing what he thought was right. But he didn’t, at least not to one teammate in particular.

Harper seemed to take exception to Papelbon’s actions.

"I mean, Manny freaking hit a homer,” Harper told the media after that game Wednesday night. “Walked it off, and somebody drilled him. I mean, it's pretty tired. It's one of those situations where it happens, and, I don't know, I'll probably get drilled tomorrow."

That somebody was Papelbon. Harper didn’t call him out by name but we obviously know he was referring to his closer teammate of about two months.