No More Hard Tickets for Season Ticket Holders

NorthSideSox72

Does the lack of hard tickets bother you?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How much does it bother you to not have hard tickets?

• Bothers me a lot, could make me less likely to buy
    • Bothers me a little, won't effect my buying decision
    • Doesn't bother me at all, don't care
  2. 2. Which type of ticket do you prefer?

• Hard tickets
    • Printable tickets
    • Cell / pure electronic tickets, no paper

I just found out that for the first time, we as season ticket holders won't be getting hard tickets going forward. We will get printable tickets, or the ability to do smart phone tickets.

How do people feel about this?

For us being UD, I had a concern about getting LD access (which we used to get with the hard tickets), but I'm told the printable tickets will show that they are seasons, so that's addressed.

But I do kind of miss the hard tickets, for example, for my kids to keep.

If you want hard tickets, I think they give them to you for $20.

Times change. Save some trees. Having it inyour phone is fine. I have old stubs, but really the only interesting thing I get from them are the prices printed in them. What I thought used to be expensive is nothing.

Well, I give my tickets occasionally to my patients, and sending them an email link to print out the tickets or a PDF file of the tickets just is NOT the same thing....there is a physicality about the tickets that I like...plus my 78 year old father wouldn't have a clue how to print up the tickets....and consider it a PITA to do.....this is just ridiculous.....why the heck can't they simply tack on twenty bucks to the season ticket cost to cover printing and bury it in the overall price we pay as season ticket holders...To parse it out like this and make me contact my rep to have them printed out is just dumb and poor marketing......IMHO...as an old fart....

Also, I'm paying twenty bucks for partial or full season ticket printing......so they are making cash on me printing up only the 27 game package I switched to this year...instead of the 81 games I have had for the past eleven years.....same price,less work......kind of the way the world is going these days.....but I digress......

Are we going to have virtual PARKING passes too?.....

Edited by Scubadentist

I'm of two minds on this. On one hand, I definitely understand the love for hard tickets. I have a stash of hard tickets of sports and concerts going back to my first ever Sox game. I moved in August and it hasn't turned up, though I'm still crossing my fingers. When I go to a new park it's also nice to have a physical ticket to remember the trip.

On the other hand, it's really convenient to print them off. I used mobile entry for a few games last year too; that was useful.

Even as younger person, hard tickets are nice. Have Paulies last game hung in a frame. Basically I think all they needed to do is make a little check box option. 30-40 percent might choose hard tickets. Some people might say, hey what's $20 to a person who pays $1,000 for tickets. I look at it

Like the other way, what's $5 bucks to a Major League team to satisfy some of their season ticket holders?

Also, if it's like other sports teams,'it doesn't allow you to print until 5 days before the game. Makes it real hard to resell on stub hub or craigslist.

I for one dislike and will send an email. Not saying much more than I did right here and how I am disapointed.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 9, 2015 -> 10:52 AM)
This is true. I wasn't 100% sure it was $20 but this would confirm it.

You said you go to 75% of games right? Where are your seats DA and how do you find someone to go with all the time?

No kids is key to being able to attend a lot of games. Not that I think I'm special. I'd probably rather have a couple of kids.

I split a full season ticket package just once. I can attest that the feeling depicted in the scene from "Fever Pitch" when that booklet gets delivered was awesome. I can't imagine that diminishes too much over the years, no matter how many times it happens to you. I feel sorry that people will be deprived of that.

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Mar 10, 2015 -> 09:08 AM)
I split a full season ticket package just once. I can attest that the feeling depicted in the scene from "Fever Pitch" when that booklet gets delivered was awesome. I can't imagine that diminishes too much over the years, no matter how many times it happens to you. I feel sorry that people will be deprived of that.

That's true. When that thing came every year, it was a very happy day.

I'm not thrilled that hard tickets aren't default, with an option to save a few bucks if you decide to go the e-ticket route, but I can tolerate it. This just seems like the first step in phasing them out entirely. It cheapens the idea of holding tickets IMO.

Should they ever do away them entirely, I could see it being a deal-breaker. I've got my Buehrle No-Hitter ticket framed with the Commemorative Print they mailed out afterwards- wouldn't be the same with a piece of paper you print at home, has all kinds of non-related noise (ads) taking up half of it, and usually ends up looking like a rag by the time the game is over.

That said, I like reading the paper at breakfast, and I think e-books really take away from the experience of reading a novel. Most people probably don't care about those things, so I expect that to disappear before long as well.

Also, I'm not 90 years old.