ST: 3/9 vs D-backs 3:05

flavum

QUOTE (SAVVY18 @ Mar 9, 2015 -> 03:19 PM)
Anyone else having a hard time hearing the announcers? I think the field mic's are up too loud and the announcers are too low.

Yeah, that sounds like what's happening, although the field mic's might just be average (and only sound so loud in comparison to the announcers). Have my laptop and speakers turned up to full volume, and it's still barely audible. Hopefully someone lets the audio people know ASAP.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Mar 9, 2015 -> 04:58 PM)
Great quote by Melton: "He's got that great 6 to 12 curveball"

That's a first.

First guy who can successfully throw that pitch without being hurt will be the greatest pitcher of all time. "That curveball actually broke upward 12 inches"

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 9, 2015 -> 03:06 PM)
The 12-6 curveball isn't about inches. It's about trajectory on the clock. It starts at the 12 and drops to the 6. It's just the only publicized curveball because a good one can be highly effective and isn't unique to lefties or righties.

Yes, but he said the 6 to 12 curveball, which would start low and break up. Don't think anyone is throwing that one.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 9, 2015 -> 05:30 PM)
Nope, Micah thrown at at 2nd, and then some guy named Juan Diaz blasted an opposite field bomb to RF.

Signed a MiLB contract this spring and is (clearly) in camp with the Sox. He spent some time in the Mariners' low minors before getting as high as AAA with the tribe. Generic AAAA shortstop from what I can tell. Has some pop for a shortstop but no other standout tools and struggles with contact.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 9, 2015 -> 05:36 PM)
Signed a MiLB contract this spring and is (clearly) in camp with the Sox. He spent some time in the Mariners' low minors before getting as high as AAA with the tribe. Generic AAAA shortstop from what I can tell. Has some pop for a shortstop but no other standout tools and struggles with contact.

Holy s***, he's a SS? He's gigantic. Looked like 6'4.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 9, 2015 -> 05:39 PM)
Holy s***, he's a SS? He's gigantic. Looked like 6'4.

Yea I think he might be a "SS" in name only at this point. Is he playing SS for the Sox now? His bat does have some pop, seems he'd have been given a chance in MLB if could hold his own at SS but somehow I don't think he really can.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 9, 2015 -> 04:48 PM)
Yea I think he might be a "SS" in name only at this point. Is he playing SS for the Sox now? His bat does have some pop, seems he'd have been given a chance in MLB if could hold his own at SS but somehow I don't think he really can.

Alexei is listed as 6'2.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 9, 2015 -> 05:06 PM)
The 12-6 curveball isn't about inches. It's about trajectory on the clock. It starts at the 12 and drops to the 6. It's just the only publicized curveball because a good one can be highly effective and isn't unique to lefties or righties.

I knew that, I just wanted to add a distance saying that it was moving up.