ST: 3/10 at Royals

flavum

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 10, 2015 -> 05:41 PM)
I don't know, I am definitely not a part of the political correctness police, but I wouldn't disseminate my views that could be be perceived as ignorant/offensive to sects of people including and not limited to women, homosexuals and Native Americans. If LoMo was making all of these comments on a forum and was a regular Joe like one of us I wouldn't raise an eyebrow but he's representing an organization and himself as a professional. His reputation is tainted by his immaturity and silly comments and now we are supposed to use his words as the basis of whether Johnson should start in AAA or in the MLB? Maybe if Morrison shut up for once he wouldn't have had so many growing pains. I don't know how much you know about Morrison but here's some insight on him: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_leagu...urn=mlb-wp15874

Regardless, in most cases, using one piece of testimonial evidence for the justification of a broader point just isn't sound rhetoric in my opinion.

Just sayin' if a fireman was racist sexist and homophobic would you not listen to him if he told you how to put out a fire ?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 10, 2015 -> 08:14 PM)
Why does Micah Johnson need to be a 2 to 3 WAR player to warrant the 2B job when you think Sanchez is a 1 WAR player?

If their performances are going to be even remotely similar, then you're better off giving the everyday at-bats to the guy who has a chance of being a long-term solution at the position. I think the vast majority of front office types & scouts would agree that guy is Micah.

This is all I will say on this topic I'm done with it as I'm sick of being misrepresented and called a hater. I will put my money where my mouth is and bet a Micah B-Ref scholarship for anyone that will take me up on this bet. You can pick. Either you take the over on a 730 OPS (min 400 PA) or 1.5 fWAR. I lose I will gladly buy the sponsorship, link to your page with whatever message you want. I win, you do the same.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 10, 2015 -> 08:30 PM)
This is all I will say on this topic I'm done with it as I'm sick of being misrepresented and called a hater. I will put my money where my mouth is and bet a Micah B-Ref scholarship for anyone that will take me up on this bet. You can pick. Either you take the over on a 730 OPS (min 400 PA) or 1.5 fWAR. I lose I will gladly buy the sponsorship, link to your page with whatever message you want. I win, you do the same.

I'm pretty sure you called yourself a Micah Hater. Can't remember though.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 10, 2015 -> 06:30 PM)

Ha I understand where you are coming from and frankly it's quite understandable . I disagree but just because Sanchez has 2 years at AAA doesn't mean he's the better option .He's a couple years younger than Micah and he can afford to wait. Micah might have proved he's ready if it wasn't for the hamstring issue. I think the Sox are better off with another potentially dynamic player in a good lineup than going the safe route. Sanchez is just another step closer to Beckham in the food chain and who wants that ? Neither player has proved anything but the Sox can afford to not play it safe. If Micah flops then he can be sent to AAA. But if he succeeds watch out ! Can you say that about Sanchez ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Best scenario, Sanchez in the minors....Johnson proves himself, Bonifacio backs up everywhere/PR and Beckham is platoon 3B and occasionally at 2B (Bonifacio should get most of his ab's here and in the OF) and 3-5 games at SS, at MOST, for Gordo.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 10, 2015 -> 07:21 PM)
Best scenario, Sanchez in the minors....Johnson proves himself, Bonifacio backs up everywhere/PR and Beckham is platoon 3B and occasionally at 2B (Bonifacio should get most of his ab's here and in the OF) and 3-5 games at SS, at MOST, for Gordo.

Oops I forgot there is a thread about who's on second :P

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 10, 2015 -> 08:14 PM)
Why does Micah Johnson need to be a 2 to 3 WAR player to warrant the 2B job when you think Sanchez is a 1 WAR player?

If their performances are going to be even remotely similar, then you're better off giving the everyday at-bats to the guy who has a chance of being a long-term solution at the position. I think the vast majority of front office types & scouts would agree that guy is Micah.

I will counter that.

Because Micah has a high ceiling, he should be on the 25 only if truly ready to face major league pitching. Just beating out Sanchez doesn't mean he's really ready. Putting him in the majors before he can hit major league pitching, often stunts prospects and brings on bad habits.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Mar 11, 2015 -> 05:23 AM)
I will counter that.

Because Micah has a high ceiling, he should be on the 25 only if truly ready to face major league pitching. Just beating out Sanchez doesn't mean he's really ready. Putting him in the majors before he can hit major league pitching, often stunts prospects and brings on bad habits.

but if he continues to hit during spring training, should we as fans expect to see go north with the team?

should we expect the sox to send him down to continue to work on his defense, even thou he is hitting?