ST: 3/11 vs Rangers

flavum

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can anyone not get a kick out of Beltin Bill Melton? My wife is a lawyer and has to do these extra educational things every year. A couple of years ago she went to a sports law seminar and the guest of honor was Melton. My wife, who can be as proper as can be, thought he was hysterical. I guess she talked to him after the event and Melton said he was a little nervous because he was the only non lawyer there. A few weeks later I went with her to the season ticketholder party and she introduces me to him. Don't get mad at the mispronounciations. Embrace them. This guy is a treasure. He proved it today.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 11, 2015 -> 02:08 PM)
How can anyone not get a kick out of Beltin Bill Melton? My wife is a lawyer and has to do these extra educational things every year. A couple of years ago she went to a sports law seminar and the guest of honor was Melton. My wife, who can be as proper as can be, thought he was hysterical. I guess she talked to him after the event and Melton said he was a little nervous because he was the only non lawyer there. A few weeks later I went with her to the season ticketholder party and she introduces me to him. Don't get mad at the mispronounciations. Embrace them. This guy is a treasure. He proved it today.

I agree. I admit that, at first, I was psisy about him. But now I realize how hilarious it is.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 11, 2015 -> 01:18 PM)
Brantly looks awful behind the plate.

During drills when I was at spring training, I came to the conclusion that he was an awful defensive catcher with a very weak arm. Sample size and it was practice but all of the other catchers were head and shoulders better. His arm reminded me of Damon or Pierre for his respective position.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 11, 2015 -> 01:25 PM)
Rodon really 6'3" or is that being generous?

When I watched his bullpen session last week (warming up for his debut), I was surprised at how thick and strong he was (especially from the lower body). I don't know if he is 6'3 but he was much bigger than I expected (strength and height wise) in person.