Job Thread

Chi Town Sox

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 14, 2016 -> 11:15 PM)
Not really, but my friend recommended me to them. I figure I'd give it the college try and just practice the whole interview process.

I am about 95% sure that is a bottom of the financial barrel sales job, FWIW. The interview will probably revolve around questions related to how social and public you are, as well as how willing you are to work tireless hours and be told no at 99.9% of the turns.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 09:18 AM)
I am about 95% sure that is a bottom of the financial barrel sales job, FWIW. The interview will probably revolve around questions related to how social and public you are, as well as how willing you are to work tireless hours and be told no at 99.9% of the turns.

I asked my friend about the 1st interview. He said all it was is that they want to get to know you and go over your resume.

I have another friend that went through the internship program and did get hired full time out of of it.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 09:27 AM)
I asked my friend about the 1st interview. He said all it was is that they want to get to know you and go over your resume.

I have another friend that went through the internship program and did get hired full time out of of it.

The might break the interview process up into stages. That is pretty normal. Absolutely take the interviews though. It really is great practice.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 09:41 AM)
The might break the interview process up into stages. That is pretty normal. Absolutely take the interviews though. It really is great practice.

Yeah it's a 3 step interview process.

I did apply to 3 other jobs over the weekend via indeed.com. One of them was ticket sales or grounds crew for the Cubs......

Sox didn't have any job openings like that.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 08:22 AM)
Do you get free concrete mixers/food now since you work there?

Free everything if I'm working and on break, 50% off if my shift is over and I'm taking it to go, 20% if I'm just coming in while off shift. Pretty nice. Varies depending on location though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 07:28 AM)
Well what do ya know? Have a phone interview today. I think? They emailed me yesterday asking what time I'd be free today and I said any and never heard back.

Does my indecisiveness ruin my shot? Damn

Typically it does depending on the field. If it's retail or for a burger joint, then I'm happy because it means your flexible. The higher up you go though, I feel you need to be decisive. Employers don't want someone who basically says "Whatever, whenever, however, etc."

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 11, 2016 -> 02:46 PM)
Just applied to two in-house counsel positions. First time i've applied for a job in about 7 years. Gonna be weird if I do get called in for an interview.

As someone who hadn't interviewed in about that long it was weird to go through the process again, exhilarating at first and then real quickly I decided I didn't like it anymore :D

Good luck though!

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 15, 2016 -> 09:15 PM)
Switching careers and moving back to Chicago. Super stoked!

Just finalized everything Friday and telling work tomorrow. First time I've had to do a two weeks notice deal. Shouldn't be too bad.

They'll be supportive of you, I'm sure. You are young and idealistic!

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 15, 2016 -> 11:15 PM)
Switching careers and moving back to Chicago. Super stoked!

Just finalized everything Friday and telling work tomorrow. First time I've had to do a two weeks notice deal. Shouldn't be too bad.

good luck to you!

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 10:15 AM)
Looks like after 3 months, I'm back in the job force. My dream of winning Mega Millions and not having to didn't come to fruition.

Nice...graphic side or gym (you did historically work at a gym, right)?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 05:07 PM)
Nice...graphic side or gym (you did historically work at a gym, right)?

Yeah. Had to get out of there. Working for Wonderlic. Yes, that WOnderlic.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 02:18 PM)

Has the insurance business changed at all? Is it still them hiring somebody who is encouraged to get a huge list of all their friends and try to sell them insurance? Is that how insurance still is sold?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 03:16 PM)
Didn't realize Millenials were THIS bad in the workplace? Anybody agree or disagree with this millenial's story? Ouch

http://nypost.com/2016/07/04/im-a-millenni...neration-sucks/

It is funny. I am sure this exact story was written in the 70's about your generation.