ST. White Sox vs Rockies 3:05

Whisox05

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 14, 2015 -> 12:39 AM)
You think Micah Johnson has no chance of making the team?

Honestly, I would be shocked if he's not the opening day 2B.

i will say, barring injury to anyone else, Micah Johnson will not make the team. not b/c i have no faith in or i am not a fan, its b/c i think the FO will want him to continue to work on his defense at 2b.

i will gladly eat my words, if i am wrong.

I thought Beckham was a stud at 3B when he first came up. New position but his athleticism really shined on choppers where he had to run toward the plate. I feel like the Sox neutered him somehow by sticking him at 2B where the weakest guy plays. I say neutered for lack of a better term coming to mind but it kinda fits. He won 3B that year.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)
i will say, barring injury to anyone else, Micah Johnson will not make the team. not b/c i have no faith in or i am not a fan, its b/c i think the FO will want him to continue to work on his defense at 2b.

i will gladly eat my words, if i am wrong.

I'm at the point that if Micah Johnson is not the opening day starter at 2B I will have lost all faith in the front office!!!

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Mar 14, 2015 -> 05:45 AM)
I'm at the point that if Micah Johnson is not the opening day starter at 2B I will have lost all faith in the front office!!!

i accept what you are saying, but lets think of it this way, if he is not ready to play in the majors, and press into playing in the majors, then he is being rush.

he may have a great career, i would like for him to be ready to handle everything that comes with the position, meaning pressure and stress.

however it is the coaches that makes those decisions.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Mar 14, 2015 -> 01:48 AM)
I thought Beckham was a stud at 3B when he first came up. New position but his athleticism really shined on choppers where he had to run toward the plate. I feel like the Sox neutered him somehow by sticking him at 2B where the weakest guy plays. I say neutered for lack of a better term coming to mind but it kinda fits. He won 3B that year.

i thought he, as you said, put in a new position on the field that affected him. i don't know it would, but it did. his hitting and avg suffered. even in a little time with LAA, he played 3b, he put up close to his rookies numbers. however i know it is a limited time in LAA.

here is a better questions for the fans who are better inform on baseball and stats, can playing out of a natural position affect a players hitting that much??