2015 NIT Thread

QUOTE (Boogua @ Mar 17, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
I'm just happy I never have to see any of these seniors play again. Even Rice.

We've said that about every class after Dee and Augustine graduated. We haven't had good enough players or coaches. Time for the university to either make a concerted effort to make the basketball program relevant again or why even bother. And it's frankly incredible how bad some of the players Weber and Groce offered scholarships to have been. Really isn't hard to find players better than CJ Jackson, Djimde, and Tate (among others).

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 17, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)
We've said that about every class after Dee and Augustine graduated. We haven't had good enough players or coaches. Time for the university to either make a concerted effort to make the basketball program relevant again or why even bother. And it's frankly incredible how bad some of the players Weber and Groce offered scholarships to have been. Really isn't hard to find players better than CJ Jackson, Djimde, and Tate (among others).

I don't think many were saying that about the Paul and DJ class. I also don't think people will be saying that when Hill and Nunn are seniors, but I know what you mean. This group of seniors just seem dumb. Starks with fadeaway 3s after no passes, Rice trying to go 1 on 5, and Egwu-king of the moving screen.

At least Groce is gone if they don't make the tournament next year. I think they make it though (barring injuries).

QUOTE (Boogua @ Mar 17, 2015 -> 09:06 PM)
I don't think many were saying that about the Paul and DJ class. I also don't think people will be saying that when Hill and Nunn are seniors, but I know what you mean. This group of seniors just seem dumb. Starks with fadeaway 3s after no passes, Rice trying to go 1 on 5, and Egwu-king of the moving screen.

At least Groce is gone if they don't make the tournament next year. I think they make it though (barring injuries).

I don't think simply making the tourney should be enough next year. If they get in as like an 8 seed or lower that just isn't good enough in year 4 at Illinois unless Groce has some fantastic players committed. It really shouldn't be this hard to win at Illinois. I think its hard to be great at Illinois (i.e. Self) but it just isn't hard to win there.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 17, 2015 -> 09:09 PM)
I don't think simply making the tourney should be enough next year. If they get in as like an 8 seed or lower that just isn't good enough in year 4 at Illinois unless Groce has some fantastic players committed. It really shouldn't be this hard to win at Illinois. I think its hard to be great at Illinois (i.e. Self) but it just isn't hard to win there.

I agree.

Now I'm curious as to what coaching staff changes are made. Maybe Ford? Isn't he the big man coach? If so, he should probably be gone considering how the big men have developed recently. I have to think a change or two will be made considering how the season ended.

And I still can't get over how bad the 2011 class turned out. Ibby Djimde and Mike Shaw are terrible even at mid-majors right now, Devin Langford wasn't close to a high major player, Egwu isn't any good, Abrams is an average Big 10 guard and Myke Henry isn't any good either. Then we offered Michael Orris who is a f***ing joke in the 2012 class and Jaylon Tate in the 2013 class. I mean seriously what the f***, basketball isn't that hard.