Midwest Region

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UK won it fair and square. Other than the missed hack on Auguste early in the first half, no really horrible calls.

Poor execution in the last two minutes.

Really depressing because with Grant/Connaughton gone, this is the closest ND is going to get to the F4 for quite a while.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

worst time out ever called by Brey? UK almost certainly would have called one to draw up a play. Instead Brey calls it, lets calipari design a play, and then you don't have one to use with 6 seconds left.

Edited by daa84

Didn't realize until today that was Harvey's son out there.

Why didn't he go to OU? Coaching change at that time?

Great college BB game. In the end, ND just didn't have enough interior defense to stop KY's oppressive attacks.

Grant hit that huge 3 to respond to Harrison's, but, in the end, the execution was lacking against a team with superior talent and fresher down the stretch drive as the 7 man rotation finally caught up a bit (although Brey masked it extremely well for most of tourney).

ND has nothing to be ashamed about, that's for sure.

The Final Four will be lucky to have another game like that one...Wisconsin MIGHT be able to push KY, but the odds are better for Duke or Gonzaga (with their similar frontline) IMO. Louisville, if they were shooting lights out and could bother KY with the press, but the odds of that happening aren't great (see WV blowout). Without Jones. LOU's short one player.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 28, 2015 -> 10:07 PM)
worst time out ever called by Brey? UK almost certainly would have called one to draw up a play. Instead Brey calls it, lets calipari design a play, and then you don't have one to use with 6 seconds left.

I can't believe they didn't try to go for a 2 for 1 at the end when they should. The possession when they just let Grant dribble at the top of the key for 34 seconds and take a step back 3 was Illinoisesque. Just some poor decisions late.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Mar 28, 2015 -> 10:10 PM)
I can't believe they didn't try to go for a 2 for 1 at the end when they should. The possession when they just let Grant dribble at the top of the key for 34 seconds and take a step back 3 was Illinoisesque. Just some poor decisions late.

I'll never understand why coaches don't do the 2 for 1. I've been saying it for years.

Read Grant didn't pass the ball on the last 3 possessions and ND got nothing out of all 3. Awful.

He actually did that fairly often this year and made more than his fair share.