Selection Sunday

Ucla and Ind out....Texas in.

Ole miss and Lsu near or on the cut line. Same with Georgia, so three SEC teams.

Murray State out. Harvard over Yale, Amaker back in.

Temple in. Boise St. CSU.

Only surprises so far Wyoming and possibly UConn over smu.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 15, 2015 -> 11:58 AM)
Miami and BYU also close to fault line.

Richmond and ODU out. Tulsa?

OK State should be in.

Stephen F Austin and Hampton lurking to put a scare into powerhouses.

Nobody is scared of Hampton.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 15, 2015 -> 12:11 PM)
I want Murray State in! Cameron Payne 4 Lyfe!!!

I want them in too but no way they deserve to be in.

Ole Miss vs BYU in Dayton?

Did the NCAA.org site just release the last four in before CBS?

Funny how all day on ESPN, the talking heads tried to tell everyone the selection committee doesnt go off of name recognition and yet Indiana, who is under .500 since Jan 1, and UCLA both make it in.

Edited by zenryan

Would be amazing if Iowa could somehow get past Gonzaga in Washington (odds, slim at BEST) and meet Iowa State in the Sweet 16.

Look for Stephen F. Austin to take out UTAH, everyone's calling that one already.

Toss-up if Iowa can even beat Davidson, a very well coached team with a sound offensive game plan.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 15, 2015 -> 10:25 PM)
So Vegas doesn't think that KU-NMSU is going to be a blow out and Kenpom has NMSU as a top 90 team, that could be a game to keep an eye on.

Self is due to lose to a 15.

In 11 years at Kansas, Self has lost in the NCAA tournament to nine different seeds, which becomes even crazier when you realize that he also won a national title in that span and therefore didn’t lose a game in that tournament. So he’s really lost to nine different seeds in 10 years. Throw in a loss to 8-seed North Carolina in 2000 when Self coached Tulsa, and a loss to 5-seed Notre Dame in 2003 when Self coached Illinois, and the only seeds Self hasn’t lost to are 6, 7, 12, 15, and 16.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 15, 2015 -> 10:25 PM)
So Vegas doesn't think that KU-NMSU is going to be a blow out and Kenpom has NMSU as a top 90 team, that could be a game to keep an eye on.

NMSU likes to play disruptive, physical games, lots of slashing play. They are indeed the kind of team that can get a much better team off it's rhythm, which makes them a good upset candidate. And KU is, in my view, not a particularly strong 2-seed. I would never say a 15 has a "good" chance, but I'd say this match-up is more likely to end in an upset than the other 15v2's and maybe most or all the 14v3's.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 08:57 AM)
Why are games in the East and South region being played in Seattle?

In the first two rounds, the top 4 seeds all get to play as close to home as possible no matter what region they are in. Then on the second weekend, the "West" or "East" geography comes into play with the location.