ST 3/17 Sox vs Mariners 3:05 start

Whisox05

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 17, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
Fair enough. Good catchers are hard to find. Having a guy that is proven 1 WAR catcher isn't the end of the world but I just feel Flowers has zero margin for error. If he doesn't have a BABIP of .300 or higher he's going to slash 190/230/340. Plus, aesthetically, like Rock said, the guy is hard to watch.

This is true and while he's always struck out a lot, I often wonder what happened to his patience. He always seemed like he'd be a guy with a worthwhile OBP coming up.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 17, 2015 -> 04:19 PM)
This is true and while he's always struck out a lot, I often wonder what happened to his patience. He always seemed like he'd be a guy with a worthwhile OBP coming up.

I think the better pitching attacks him realizing he has a tough time with fastballs. I don't think it is a lack of patience, I think they are comimg after him and he can't do much about it for the most part. I doubt when he was successful in the minors, the pitchers had the same plan.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2015 -> 04:28 PM)
I think the better pitching attacks him realizing he has a tough time with fastballs. I don't think it is a lack of patience, I think they are comimg after him and he can't do much about it for the most part. I doubt when he was successful in the minors, the pitchers had the same plan.

Yea no doubt. Why nibble? Yea he's got some power, he also has a long ass swing.