Hoiberg 60% chance hes going to replace Thibs

That's not at all what it says.

He's been part of searches with the Cavs, Warriors and Timberwolves. I think he goes to the NBA at some point, but there's nothing to suggest he's ready to leave yet with a Final Four caliber team returning.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 21, 2015 -> 07:16 PM)
That's not at all what it says.

He's been part of searches with the Cavs, Warriors and Timberwolves. I think he goes to the NBA at some point, but there's nothing to suggest he's ready to leave yet with a Final Four caliber team returning.

College coaches have to be in it for more than the slight chance they'll win it all. They make great money as Hoiberg does and they, if successful, are icons in their towns and on their campuses. I know you NBA fans think the NBA is the top and all that, but for the most part, NBA coaches are buffoons and caretakers of the big egos.

I have a friend who is a very important NBA official and he told me all the NBA wants nowadays are guys who can make the players laugh. They don't give a f*** about Xs and Os. If Hoiberg and some other college coaches like Self want to coach in that league, more power to them, but coaching in that league is all about the payday, not the experience (unless u get LeBron, Durant on your roster).

Fred Hoiberg has a heart history and is beloved in Ames. He has a family. He should stay put, but will he?

p.s. What is the Bulls' problem in not appreciating Thibs? He seems dandy to me.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 22, 2015 -> 07:06 AM)
College coaches have to be in it for more than the slight chance they'll win it all. They make great money as Hoiberg does and they, if successful, are icons in their towns and on their campuses. I know you NBA fans think the NBA is the top and all that, but for the most part, NBA coaches are buffoons and caretakers of the big egos.

I have a friend who is a very important NBA official and he told me all the NBA wants nowadays are guys who can make the players laugh. They don't give a f*** about Xs and Os. If Hoiberg and some other college coaches like Self want to coach in that league, more power to them, but coaching in that league is all about the payday, not the experience (unless u get LeBron, Durant on your roster).

Fred Hoiberg has a heart history and is beloved in Ames. He has a family. He should stay put, but will he?

p.s. What is the Bulls' problem in not appreciating Thibs? He seems dandy to me.

for me, he cares about the x's and o's and make the players work. but the main problem comes from the front office.