Indiana "religious freedom" law

southsider2k5

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 09:08 AM)
So if a gay couple agreed to pick up their cake at the bakery, rather than have it delivered to the venue, you would oppose the business refusing them service?

Yes, that's something I'd oppose because the public provides the access to your store in the first place, via roads, transportation, etc.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 08:42 AM)
You didn't read the article.

They never said they would deny service at their establishment, they said they'd refuse to cater their services to parties/weddings.

I'll play devils advocate here, but that's the same as refusing to cater to a Westburo Baptist Church event, or a Scientology event. It's NOT, however, the same as refusing to serve Tom Cruise a slice of pizza if he were to show up at your establishment.

Offering a service to everyone but gay people (even if its not all of your services) is still refusing service.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 12:05 PM)
Offering a service to everyone but gay people (even if its not all of your services) is still refusing service.

As I went over, it's not quite the same thing to refuse service to someone that comes to you, versus them asking you to come to them and you saying no.

I think that's a persons absolute right, whether you agree with their reasons or not.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 01:14 PM)
Indiana "fixed" the law, and the outrage is slowly starting to fade I guess.Nobody seems to be pointing out that before the law, it was perfectly legal to deny someone service in Indiana for being gay by the way.
Yes, there are many laws that allow this currently. But, as a strike against they "you shouldn't care about anything unless you are trying to solve everything", this did accomplish one state.Also, I lol'd<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 03:03 PM)
I'm pretty sure Kansas has the same law as Indiana. Why no outrage here? I bet nobody has noticed since Brownback has implemented so much crap here

No one has the same law as Indiana. That just isn't true.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 01:08 AM)
No one has the same law as Indiana. That just isn't true.

I was reading today we do have a similar law. I hate to say "we" in regards to this godawful state I live in. I guess I need an intervention to get me out of here. f*** the Royals.