World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling III Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 08:06 PM)
Not a fan of the bait and switch. Steph and it's my building line every 2 minutes is nonsense.

It wasn't even advertised pre raw, if you can't enjoy the last night and hr then you probably shouldn't be watching wrestling.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 08:18 PM)
It wasn't even advertised pre raw, if you can't enjoy the last night and hr then you probably shouldn't be watching wrestling.

You are easily entertained. Good to see Ambrose is ok tonight.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
Why did Byron just say "here comes Rusev" when Cena issued the open challenge? This guy is crap.

The injured announcers need to be magically healed

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
Why did Byron just say "here comes Rusev" when Cena issued the open challenge? This guy is crap.

I think they are playing the card that Rusev maybe too scared or not ready to get revenge on Cena yet. Maybe a cowardly type heel. Byron was saying what we were thinking, that Rusev would come down and he didn't.

But he was awful. No energy at all calling a match.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 10:18 PM)
Reigns boo watch: Smarks cheered their #1 enemy Big Show over Reigns. That's low.

1132719_f496.jpg

The fans that are cheering Big Show over Reigns are fans I don't need to associate with, even if they do it just to despite Reigns, who didn't even win the title, so not sure why they are still booing.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 10:18 PM)
Last hour of the show was brutal.

Reigns boo watch: Smarks cheered their #1 enemy Big Show over Reigns. That's low.

The problem with WWE programming is what I call Starbucks Syndrome. It over-expanded during an era of wrestling where two companies were pulling down combined ratings over 10.0. Times have changed, yet WWE as a company has been slow to adapt, and they need to recognize there is no use for a Starbucks across the street from another Starbucks anymore.

When talking about RAW, specifically, the problem with the show *IS* that final hour, especially since they do a 15 minute overrun every week. That's 3 hours and 15 minutes per week, including commercials. WWE needs to cut RAW back down to 2 hours, keep their little overrun if necessary, and make it more manageable for their creative staff.

When it comes to Smackdown, they should scuttle the show as it exists today and make it into special attraction show that occurs once a month or every so often like Saturday Nights Main Event once did, not quite a PPV spectacle, but a special show all it's own.

They also need to stop cutting to commercial during matches, this kills the aura of suspended belief for their audience and is basically saying, without saying it, "Meh, this isn't important anyway...we'll let you know what happens." Imagine if the MLB, or NFL, or any other live event cut to commercial right during a play. If what you are broadcasting is of no importance, don't broadcast it at all. There is plenty of room for commercials elsewhere, fit them in during those times...but NOT during a f***ing match. This also goes hand in hand with cutting RAW back down to two hours...you'd have less of a need for filler matches, or matches that drag on where nothing of consequence actually occurs.

IMO, the WWE has forgotten that you want to leave the audience wanting more, but as it stands, they leave me wanting *LESS* every single week.

...and THAT'S the bottom line. ;)

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 05:39 AM)
1132719_f496.jpg

The fans that are cheering Big Show over Reigns are fans I don't need to associate with, even if they do it just to despite Reigns, who didn't even win the title, so not sure why they are still booing.

They boo because he is booked so horribly. He was by far at his most interesting on Sunday where you could see, hey maybe this guy can get over. Then the very next night they have h doing the same old thing again.