World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling III Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 08:46 PM)
Y2AJ going on a tag run would be great.

No. It'd be a waste. It better be KO vs AJ at mania.

I think people forget how good Shane was in the ring. I know he's older but that match could be great. Build up could be interesting because Taker may not like being thrown into a match against his will. We'll see.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 06:43 AM)
Disagree. His acting is horrendous. He cannot cut a promo. Watch his first backstage promo last night re:Ambrose. So so bad.

He can get over when he doesn't talk much and is just a badass. That's not his character anymore though.

Agreed. I like watching the guy's matches but he sucks at every other part of pro wrestling. His promos and acting are just so god awful that I can't get behind him.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 09:17 AM)
Agreed. I like watching the guy's matches but he sucks at every other part of pro wrestling. His promos and acting are just so god awful that I can't get behind him.

I don't even like watching his matches because of how much he floats around. To me the Superman punch looks silly from over-use.

And for a company who has loved to pat themselves on the back for "listening to the fans", they have been so stubborn about keeping him a babyface.

He should have turned heel a long time ago. Aligning him with the Authority once Rollins went down was the move I'd have made if I was in charge.

You could have turned either one of them once Rollins came back and maybe Reigns would then have been accepted as a good guy.

Listening to the Observer podcast was really interesting this am. Hinted that Shades been back 1 day and there's a power struggle already. The low ratings, inuries, etc may have been a shoot or life intimidating art.

Then later it was mentioned there was a good reason hhh wasn't in the opening segment. I'm not sure if it has to do with what I mentioned in the first paragraph ("There's a lot going on there) or if hhh is turning face. Trips definitely acted like a more of a face last night, even regardless of the crowd reaction.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 10:33 AM)
Listening to the Observer podcast was really interesting this am. Hinted that Shades been back 1 day and there's a power struggle already. The low ratings, inuries, etc may have been a shoot or life intimidating art.

Then later it was mentioned there was a good reason hhh wasn't in the opening segment. I'm not sure if it has to do with what I mentioned in the first paragraph ("There's a lot going on there) or if hhh is turning face. Trips definitely acted like a more of a face last night, even regardless of the crowd reaction.

I love "life intimidating art", that's perfect for rasslin'!!

:D

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 10:33 AM)

I think it probably has to do with HHH not being the problem. He's the one bringing in all these guys into NXT.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 08:17 AM)

This is like if they tried to shove Rocky Maivia down our throats when he first debuted. The fans aren't wanting to be apart of the show, they're just letting the powers that be know that this isn't what they want.

They could easily turn him heel, but he sells merch so they won't. They're going to try to "stack the deck" against him at WM, hoping that fans will see the light. They wont. We'll find out how it sounds to hear almost 100,000 people boo a guy after winning the title.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 01:46 PM)
This is like if they tried to shove Rocky Maivia down our throats when he first debuted. The fans aren't wanting to be apart of the show, they're just letting the powers that be know that this isn't what they want.

They could easily turn him heel, but he sells merch so they won't. They're going to try to "stack the deck" against him at WM, hoping that fans will see the light. They wont. We'll find out how it sounds to hear almost 100,000 people boo a guy after winning the title.

Does he sell a ton of merch? Honest question, I've never read that before. Either way, I think this is just VKM being stubborn more than anything else.

In other news, why the hell wasn't KO on the show last night?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 03:42 PM)
Does he sell a ton of merch? Honest question, I've never read that before. Either way, I think this is just VKM being stubborn more than anything else.

In other news, why the hell wasn't KO on the show last night?

Thought the same thing about KO not being on last night. I think they loaded the show up with announcing a few matches that they just kept him off until Smackdown or next week.

I also never thought Roman sold a lot of merchandise.

Disagree. His acting is horrendous. He cannot cut a promo. Watch his first backstage promo last night re:Ambrose. So so bad.

He can get over when he doesn't talk much and is just a badass. That's not his character anymore though.

Yeah, Reigns is boring as watching paint dry.

The only thing worse is HHH vs. Reigns. At least in my old Cena days it was Cena vs. PUNK or something that kept me half-interested.

Superman punch? Spear? lol.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 03:56 PM)
WWE announced that Roman Reigns underwent surgery today in Tampa for a broken nose that was suffered during the brawl with HHH at the end of Raw last night.

Not many details were listed in the story at WWE.com.

I wonder if they're going to keep him off tv for a few weeks to shield him from the boos. If so that's super sad.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 05:57 PM)
Seems like a storyline to me. Video out there of Reigns likely blading

Byron Saxton got caught giving him a blood packet. I bet that ends up with him in hot water.

Some long term spoilers:

brand extension may be coming back. Event scheduled for May titled WWE vs Raw