World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling III Thread

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 05:29 PM)
Yeah, Reigns is boring as watching paint dry.

The only thing worse is HHH vs. Reigns. At least in my old Cena days it was Cena vs. PUNK or something that kept me half-interested.

Superman punch? Spear? lol.

I agree I think the fans are going to boo this match big time. A main event most fans have no interest in.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 03:42 PM)
Does he sell a ton of merch? Honest question, I've never read that before. Either way, I think this is just VKM being stubborn more than anything else.

In other news, why the hell wasn't KO on the show last night?

It's not Cena level apparently, but it's a decent amount. He also apparently gets decent pops at house shows. Also, VKM is just stubborn.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 03:35 PM)
It's not Cena level apparently, but it's a decent amount. He also apparently gets decent pops at house shows. Also, VKM is just stubborn.

Also, with Cena out rehabbing, Reigns has been doing the charity appearances and the like that Cena use to do. But also, it's VKM being stubborn.

Honestly though, with proven popularity of non-traditional guys, but Vince's continued push of Reigns and his reported love of Braun Strowman, nothing will change. I just hope at this point they keep people like Styles, Cesaro, eventual call ups like Balor, Nakamura, etc... in upper mid-card or mid-card feuds, I'd much rather have that then them jobbing to HHH, Reigns, Cena and Orton.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 08:45 AM)
Also, with Cena out rehabbing, Reigns has been doing the charity appearances and the like that Cena use to do. But also, it's VKM being stubborn.

Honestly though, with proven popularity of non-traditional guys, but Vince's continued push of Reigns and his reported love of Braun Strowman, nothing will change. I just hope at this point they keep people like Styles, Cesaro, eventual call ups like Balor, Nakamura, etc... in upper mid-card or mid-card feuds, I'd much rather have that then them jobbing to HHH, Reigns, Cena and Orton.

VKM has this idea that the "face" of the company has to be the good looking guy. When in all reality, all someone needs to be the face of the company is to be over with the crowd.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 12:28 PM)
They put out the NXT takeover logo today so I decided to go check what the tickets are at on stubhub...cheapest is going for $356. Yeesh.

NXT's easily become the hottest ticket IMO. I remember seeing tickets for 4x the price when they hit Chicago last month.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 09:34 PM)
Are we gonna see a Kevin Owens vs Big show match at mania? Ew

Looks like it. That'll piss me off more than anything else they've done for Mania.

EDIT: Maybe they'll call an audible when they roll through all the big cities the next few weeks. They better.

Edited by Rowand44

1. Hopefully a big NO to Kevin Owens vs. Big Show. Borefest.

2. Yes, weak Taker appearance, why promote him for that.

3. Question regarding Dolph Ziggler. I read in wikipedia that this guy has been a world champion. WTF happened? The guy screams HBK#2 to me with his look / style. He seems like a good wrestler? Why does he job all the time and wtf happened to him?

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 09:47 PM)
1. Hopefully a big NO to Kevin Owens vs. Big Show. Borefest.

2. Yes, weak Taker appearance, why promote him for that.

3. Question regarding Dolph Ziggler. I read in wikipedia that this guy has been a world champion. WTF happened? The guy screams HBK#2 to me with his look / style. He seems like a good wrestler? Why does he job all the time and wtf happened to him?

@3. HBK himself called out Dolph to stop trying so hard to be him. HBK is the most copied wrestler of all-time. It's really grating. He needs to find another gimmick if he ever wants to move up the card, but he wont. He never changes anything. His character sucks.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 09:49 PM)
#4. What do people feel about the WWE HOF? It feels like anyone and everyone is just getting in?

Don't really care about the prestige of getting in. It's not like the mlb HoF. But the ceremony is AWESOME. Must watch if you're a wrestling fan.

Cool. Thanks for the answers. That's weir about Dolph. I don't know how to feel. I like him better than 80%+ of the other wrestlers and feel like his in-ring work is great (haven't watched much). I'm not so sure that trying to be HBK (the best in ring performer!) can necessarily be a bad thing.

Still doesn't feel right to me, the guy could of had a monstrous career it seems.

Re: HOF

I see, that makes sense, I'll check it out this year if I'm available.

I'm sure Owens will somehow make the Big Show feud interesting if that's where they're going but that dude deserves so much better. Could have gotten an epic feud with AJ or Sami but we might be getting the f***in Big Show instead. Frustrating.

Used to love Dolph but his character is just absolute garbage now a days.

And I just don't care about the HoF either way.

#5: Main event of Dean Ambrose vs. Del Rio. Hm.

Better than Reigns (hasn't been seen on the show, kinda weird, huh? Main eventing wrestlemania and not on the show tonight) vs anyone.

Dean Ambrose is a cool character, would be funny to see him get a title shot, win the title before wrestlemania, then have to do double duty at WM and become a king. OK, that's wishful thinking.

Title Match HHH vs. Ambrose! Awesome. I assume next week in Chicago. Maybe Ambrose has a chance!

Likely just to set up further Ambrose vs. Brock, I'd imagine, showcasing Ambrose's character.

Edited by iWin4Ron

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 10:31 PM)
Well that's one way to get hhh booed in Chicago. Nice booking.

I just don't think it will be enough to have fans still boo HHH when Reigns "avenges" Ambrose, if anything, it will backfire more as people got a taste of Ambrose with HHH