World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling III Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TRU @ Mar 29, 2015 -> 10:27 PM)
The open air stadium kinda deflated seths entrance, but I'm glad he took it

The size of the stage and length to the ring also kind of deflated it. Took him forever to get there

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 07:10 AM)
I want to shake everyone's hand who did boo Reigns because they won out. The golden boy wasn't ready and he didn't go over. Someone more deserving did. They did it.

Nerds win!

In all seriousness, I like Reigns but agree he shouldn't have won. I'm fine with Seth winning. Hopefully he holds it awhile and it doesn't become a hot potato like it was before Brock.

Hoping for a program with Orton where Seth wins out then maybe the triple threat at Summerslam? Although I'm guessing Brock will be there for SS too.

At least he has plenty of options going forward where last year, it was like now the f*** what?

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

i think we can all agree that Cena winning for America was the best possible outcome for Rusevs career. And the added dimension of problems between Lana and Rusev was a nice extra kick in the balls.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 08:05 AM)
i think we can all agree that Cena winning for America was the best possible outcome for Rusevs career. And the added dimension of problems between Lana and Rusev was a nice extra kick in the balls.

Cmon man...AMERICA

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 11:29 AM)
Ambrose getting injured was apparently a work by the way so he couldn't take out Rollins.

It may have been intended as a work, but he looked like he took a legit bad bump

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 01:47 PM)
Sting should of went over it was like the bully WWE beating WCW one last time.

But that was entirely predictable given that it was HHH v Sting.

At the end of the match Sting said "That was amazing" and HHH responded "You should stay for a while."

So at this point it seems to be up to Sting what his role in WWE will be. That is probably why they did the whole NWO thing (even though it made 0 sense). I mean HBK inducted Nash the night before.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)

At the end of the match Sting said "That was amazing" and HHH responded "You should stay for a while."

So at this point it seems to be up to Sting what his role in WWE will be. That is probably why they did the whole NWO thing (even though it made 0 sense). I mean HBK inducted Nash the night before.

That ENTIRE match was highlighted in the Wrestling Isn't Wrestling video -- every last character facet displayed in that video, HHH put on display during that match, from cheating repeatedly, having friends (namely HBK) rescue him, etc...

Still a great nonsensical nostalgic trip. ;)

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)

Yea, the entire Kliq was up on stage with Nash after the induction. It was a fun couple of run-ins. Im glad Scott Hall didnt die.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
Ya that match made absolutely 0 sense but I enjoyed it. Dumb fun at it's finest.

Let's just call it what it was, a way for Triple H to get every last one of his buddies a WM31 competitors paycheck.

The nWo defending their lifelong enemy Sting made no sense whatsoever...but for some reason it was awesome. ;)

The ending, where you shake the hand of the guy that just cheated you out of a win and hit you with a sledge hammer head...made no sense whatsoever...

...if I wrote that, I would have given Sting a mic and had him say, "Did you see that 'Wrestling Isn't Wrestling' video?", have Triple H nod yes...and then have Sting say, well...the video was right, you STILL aren't as good as Shawn Michaels...just to have HHH flip the f*** out in the ring. ;)

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
Ya that match made absolutely 0 sense but I enjoyed it. Dumb fun at it's finest.

Sting requested Charles Robinson as ref because he respected him from days in WCW.

Sting said it was his last match. You lose your last match. Made sense for HHH to go over. Plus HHH is more than willing to put over others these days he needs some credibility.

Hall of Fame isn't kayfabe so don't really care if it didn't make sense a night after that. I loved the match. Wrestlemania was so good despite there not really being a legendary match on the card. 5 hour show and there was barely a dull moment. Awesome booking by the E.

NXT Specials are now a monthly thing btw. Nice.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 03:27 PM)
Sting said it was his last match. You lose your last match. Made sense for HHH to go over. Plus HHH is more than willing to put over others these days he needs some credibility.

Hall of Fame isn't kayfabe so don't really care if it didn't make sense a night after that. I loved the match. Wrestlemania was so good despite there not really being a legendary match on the card. 5 hour show and there was barely a dull moment. Awesome booking by the E.

NXT Specials are now a monthly thing btw. Nice.

Sting is open to more matches it is the WWE that is not sure about it.

If the ending to the Triple H vs. Sting match felt like a sendoff for Sting, that was done because they haven’t made any decisions regarding him wrestling for the company again. Sting has stated that he is open to working a Summerslam or WrestleMania match, and he is backstage at Raw today.

Per 411 Wrestling

My match rankings

1. Seth/Orton

2. Ladder Match

3. Brock/Reigns...Rollins

4. Hhh/Sting

5. Battle Royal

6. Tag Team Title

7. Bray/Taker

8. Divas

9. Cena/Rusev

8 and 9 weren't awful but just the uneventful way Rusev loses his undefeated record was Sawft, and felt everything else was better.