World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling III Thread

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 08:01 AM)
They boo because he is booked so horribly. He was by far at his most interesting on Sunday where you could see, hey maybe this guy can get over. Then the very next night they have h doing the same old thing again.

Ok, this is a ton of bulls***. He didnt get over on Sunday, he got annihilated for 20 minutes, and then his buddy stole the title. It was a great twist, but that wasnt about what Reigns did, it was about Lesnar and Rollins did.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 08:11 AM)
Ok, this is a ton of bulls***. He didnt get over on Sunday, he got annihilated for 20 minutes, and then his buddy stole the title. It was a great twist, but that wasnt about what Reigns did, it was about Lesnar and Rollins did.

He took a very stiff beating. He actually showed some real emotion for seemingly the first time in his career. Him smiling with a full of blood in the face of a monster after getting destroyed was truly great. He managed to be the one to actually take out Lesnar after that. Yeah Lesnar and Rollins were still more interesting but Reigns was great too since he wasn't super vanilla superman.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 08:21 AM)
He took a very stiff beating. He actually showed some real emotion for seemingly the first time in his career. Him smiling with a full of blood in the face of a monster after getting destroyed was truly great. He managed to be the one to actually take out Lesnar after that. Yeah Lesnar and Rollins were still more interesting but Reigns was great too since he wasn't super vanilla superman.

You mean from the blood tab they handed him?

jjhhl.gif

I'm not a Reigns hater, but I think the hate stems from what I call the 'modern smart audience infection'. The fan chants you hear, aside from the, "this is awesome" chant, a lot of these fan chants are being started by smarks, and honestly, half the audience doesn't even know why they're chanting it...but with that being said, the other half DOES know why they're chanting it.

Reigns has been tabbed as the heir apparent, but he wasn't organically picked to become that because the fans latched onto loving or hating him...he was chosen, and then booked poorly through his artificial rise to main event status. Want to contrast how to properly book someone from nothing to main event player properly? Goldberg. And what's so baffling about that is WCW was terrible at character creation and cultivation...but they really nailed that one, and conversely, WWE has always been very good at it, but they've severely botched this one. The fans are smarter today than they were back in the day when you could throw a s***ty actor out there, call him Zeus, and have him no sell everything to get over. Reigns was largely protected during his stint with The Shield by the more charismatic Seth Rollins, but now that he's on his own he really needs someone like Heyman to help get him over.

The fans largely hate Reigns because they want Daniel Bryan in that spot, and honestly, he deserves that spot right now...but the WWE is insisting on forcing Reigns on them before he's ready.

The key words in that last sentence are before he's ready. I think Reigns will have his day in the sun...they just need to take their time and stop forcing it.

WWE turned down the crowd audio “to a ridiculous degree” during last night’s Raw main event

– Vince McMahon is reportedly very high on Lana, and has big plans for her.

Credit: f4wonline.com

Reigns boos making VKM turn audio down.

Edited by Soxfest

Still booing Reigns is ridiculous, he's been entertaining in the ring when he hasn't had to face the likes of Show and Kane. His dive over the ropes last night was fantastic, so athletic, so explosive.....But because the smarks have already decided they hate him he's gonna struggle to get really get over.

The New Day sucks chants also bother me. I don't care for Woods, but I loves me some Kofi and Big E and I hate that they can't get over.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 03:22 PM)
Still booing Reigns is ridiculous, he's been entertaining in the ring when he hasn't had to face the likes of Show and Kane. His dive over the ropes last night was fantastic, so athletic, so explosive.....But because the smarks have already decided they hate him he's gonna struggle to get really get over.

The New Day sucks chants also bother me. I don't care for Woods, but I loves me some Kofi and Big E and I hate that they can't get over.

I like Reigns but if booing keeps the title off of him for now then boo, the crowd has the right to do that. The guy is improving like crazy, it might take a heel turn at some point but he'll get over again.

And I like Kofi and E too but the new day does suck. That gimmick is horrendous.

New Day gimmick just sucks. No way that will work as a face group in this day and age.

I'm with you on Roman.

Reigns has 0 character depth. Until that changes he'll be booed. He still needs to get better in the ring too but it's character first and foremost that is stopping him from getting over.

That gif doesn't show him get a blood capsule. The ref is feeling for a response to make sure he's not hurt. His mouth bleeds all the time and wwe didn't suddenly start using blood capsules.

They didn'tmute the mics because of Reigns either. It was likely because they were chanting about sucking dick towards the divas.

New Days gimmick is astoundingly bad. They need a heel turn pronto.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 03:48 PM)
Reigns has 0 character depth. Until that changes he'll be booed. He still needs to get better in the ring too but it's character first and foremost that is stopping him from getting over.

That gif doesn't show him get a blood capsule. The ref is feeling for a response to make sure he's not hurt. His mouth bleeds all the time and wwe didn't suddenly start using blood capsules.

They didn'tmute the mics because of Reigns either. It was likely because they were chanting about sucking dick towards the divas.

New Days gimmick is astoundingly bad. They need a heel turn pronto.

I simply thought the gif someone posted was funny...wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Only blood allowed these days in WWE is hard way, of course, as with most rules...they're are ways to bend them.

If the fans choose to boo someone, it's not ridiculous, it's their collective opinions. A chant the fans don't want to break out will never break out. The fan interaction of pro wrestling is part of the beauty of it...otherwise it's just another stage play. It's WWE's job, at this point, to figure out why the fans are booing Reigns, and fix it creatively.

If fans do not care for him too bad for Vince. Fans pay to see the show and booing Reigns is fans way of telling VKM how they feel. VKM always has said the audience says who gets over time for him to practice what he preaches. 90% of the crowds are not Smarks.

Edited by Soxfest

Of course fans have every right to boo whoever the hell they want. Perhaps saying it's ridiculous is a bit of an overstatement....I'm just saying, at this point, where does it end? He's been growing in the ring every week (He's mainly looked bad because of feuds with Show and Kane) and his growth is getting ignored because "Boooooo that's not the way we wanted the story to go boooooo"...

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 05:53 PM)
Of course fans have every right to boo whoever the hell they want. Perhaps saying it's ridiculous is a bit of an overstatement....I'm just saying, at this point, where does it end? He's been growing in the ring every week (He's mainly looked bad because of feuds with Show and Kane) and his growth is getting ignored because "Boooooo that's not the way we wanted the story to go boooooo"...

Yes, but that's wrestling and always will be. If they want the booing to end, give them a reason to cheer...and maybe that begins with NOT putting him in the ring with Big Slow and Non-Kane all the time.

Trust me, if he continues to adapt, learn and grow...it'll happen for him. But it's not going to happen so long as the WWE creative team remains largely more miss than hit. And to that, I'll point to one of my previous posts that there is simply too much WWE programming and creative is doing what they can, but they're stretched BEYOND thin.

At Raw fans began a “You suck Cena” chant at Nikki Bella during the third-hour Divas match. After this caught on, it was extended to all the Divas except AJ and Paige. Natalya got a “You suck Tyson” chant, Brie got a “You suck Bryan” chant and so on.

Roman Reigns had the most heat from the crowd out of anyone on the show, with Big Show and Kane getting cheered when they got in any offense against him. Ryback seemed to be liked to a point. The crowd also did various NXT chants during the main event, calling for Sami Zayn, Hideo Itami and several others. They also began doing various gimmick chants, such as Enzo Amore’s “How you doin’?” and chanting “Breeze is gorgeous.”

Per 411 Wrestling

http://411mania.com/wrestling/paul-heyman-...his-girlfriend/

Latest Heyman Hustle funny cameo at end.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 07:44 AM)
I wonder how long Lesnar and Reigns knew about it

Reports says they were told and finish was planned while The Rock segment was happening.

Members of the Anoa’i family were said to be very upset with the end of Wrestlemania 31 on Sunday when they learned that plans changed and Roman Reigns wasn’t going to win the WWE title. Reigns’ father Sika was “looking to start a war”.

A source said: “Sika forgot this business is not real life, and was legit pissed at the finish and looking to start a war. A lot of the younger (family members) were rallying around Sika, but the other 45 or 50 of them talked some reason.”

Credit: The Wrestling Observer via Rajah

Scott Steiner was banned from HOF ceremony after a fight with Hogan's wife on a airplane.

Part 1 of Stone Cold on the Jim Cornette Experience this week. Good Stuff from 2 old pro's. The actual interview is about 40 minutes into the show if you don't want to listen to Jim and Alice.