World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling III Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 01:07 AM)
Daniel Bryan cancels Daniel Bryan Appreciation Night at MSG just a few days away as well as all future appearances. Meltzer says there's a story behind it so looks like we'll be hearing it soon. Not sure if health or business related.

Have to hope it's not some type of depression caused by CTE.

I recently began playing wwe 2k14 and have been enjoying it. CM Punk has always been an interesting character and a great wrestler so I began looking through his storylines. Namely, the MITB here in Chicago vs. John Cena struck out to me.

I kept reading online and have been finding various quotes, articles, etc. about Punk.

Can anyone fill me in on why WWE and Punk can no longer co exist? Punk seems mad at WWE for not pushing him correctly?

Does Punk dislike the fact that Cena is the superman character?

Just any general information here for fun would be cool.

Thanks

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 03:26 PM)
Have to hope it's not some type of depression caused by CTE.

More:

WWE Diva Brie Bella will be retiring sooner than she originally planned … Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned the wrestler is hanging up her boots following the RAW after WrestleMania.

Sources with direct knowledge tell us there’s no bad blood between WWE and Daniel Bryan — the recent appearances he pulled out of are due to a health issue.

It’s unclear what the issue is at this point, but we’re told it’s the reason Brie wasn’t at RAW this week.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 02:45 PM)
I recently began playing wwe 2k14 and have been enjoying it. CM Punk has always been an interesting character and a great wrestler so I began looking through his storylines. Namely, the MITB here in Chicago vs. John Cena struck out to me.

I kept reading online and have been finding various quotes, articles, etc. about Punk.

Can anyone fill me in on why WWE and Punk can no longer co exist? Punk seems mad at WWE for not pushing him correctly?

Thanks

Listen to Colt Cabanas podcast with punk, you will hear everything you need to know from Punks side

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 03:26 PM)
More:

WWE Diva Brie Bella will be retiring sooner than she originally planned … Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned the wrestler is hanging up her boots following the RAW after WrestleMania.

Sources with direct knowledge tell us there’s no bad blood between WWE and Daniel Bryan — the recent appearances he pulled out of are due to a health issue.

It’s unclear what the issue is at this point, but we’re told it’s the reason Brie wasn’t at RAW this week.

She is probably preggo

Nice interview with CM Punk. Generally agree with his comments and it was nice hearing a little bit of the backstage politics that go on. It's really unfortunate that they exist, makes me not want to care for wrestling much.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 02:45 PM)

Thanks

I wish I could have been at that show. Watching it on youtube gives me chills. The reaction Punk got was awesome and you could tell he truly couldn't hold in his excitement because of it. Even Cole, Lawler and Booker T were in awe

IIRC, it was a Vince/Punk storyline based off of Punk's dissatisfaction for not being promoted and used properly. Punk did a great promo ripping on Rock, Cena, etc. He ripped the fans and even said the company will be in better shape when Vince was dead. It turns out they agreed on a deal that day to keep Punk which is why he won

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 26, 2016 -> 10:59 PM)
Went to that MITB show. Crowd was absolutely insane. Too bad the Punk stuff was horrible as soon as that PPV ended

What happened after? I tried to find the raw from the following night on youtube to no avail

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Mar 26, 2016 -> 11:08 PM)
What happened after? I tried to find the raw from the following night on youtube to no avail

The MITB show was a great PPV all around and the crowd was awesome like fathom said.

The way they followed the angle was dumb. Punk was back two weeks later and had rematch at SummerSlam before losing belt on cash in to Del Rio. They should've kept Punk off TV for months.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 27, 2016 -> 08:08 AM)
Him losing to Hunter for no reason is what really buried the angle completely. Had their hottest story in years and had no clue what to do with it.

The pipe bomb, contract signing and ppv were all incredible though.

I actually forgot about the jobbing to HHH. That was definitely one of the biggest head scratchers of all time. Just the whole handling of Punk was mind boggling. Could've been the most over guy since Austin, IMO

Some big news story is about to break or something. Doesn't sound good.

Here's some more context, and I'll use that loosely.

"A major wrestling related story that has hidden beneath the surface is starting to poke its head out of the water,and is going to break soon"

-Joe Lanza of Pro Wrestling Voices.

"Building a shelter for when this story breaks."

-JJ Williams of the Wrestling Observer

More from Lanza:

"Seems the Tweet I made from my personal account has caused quite the stir. I will address it here, and then never address it again.

I am not a journalist and have never claimed to be. I do a podcast, write reviews, and a few times per year when the situation is right, our site or our podcast will break the occasional news story (the infamous Dixie email, Steen signing with WWE, Ibushi to EVOLVE/Kaiju, Candice/GFW no show drama, PWS stuff, the end of DGUSA, etc). We are not and have never claimed to be a news site. Tons of hard news & rumors finds our DM box that we choose to sit on, and there are people reading this right now who know full well that we (myself & Rich) sit on TONS of "scoops", especially when specifically asked not to speak about it. If we wanted to be a news site or hunt for cheap clicks, we could very easily do so.

The story I Tweeted about has been cooking for months, and somehow stayed quiet. It is now making the rounds, and being hinted about publicly. I am not going to break it. I have no interest in breaking it for a variety of reasons. It would drive CLICKS for sure, but it isn't my place to report it and it isn't what we do here. My belief is that it will come out soon because the person has enemies (to be fair, who doesn't?) who will find a some pleasure in outing it. That won't be me.

People are running wild with it on places like Wreddit. Your mileage on the word "major" may vary. I feel like it's a major story because it involves someone who works full time in the wrestling business and reputation(s?) will be ruined. Some may not consider it a "major" story.

There are people who will read this who are aware of the situation. This is not me asking them to back me up or to out themselves. In fact, I prefer that they don't confirm or break it here, because I want no connection to this for a number of reasons. I may have underestimated the power of Twitter or my own reputation as a news source in peoples eyes when I made the Tweet. I made it from my personal account, and figured my friends would see it and didn't think it would cause much of a stir. That was stupid, but at this point it's whatever, because the toothpaste cant be put back in the tube.

I won't ever speak about it again. If/when (more like when) it comes out, I'm not going to claim to have broken it, or confirm it as being what I was talking about or anything like that. I made the Tweet, I have to own that, but I want nothing to do with actually breaking the news or claiming I instigated it breaking. If I was interested in that, I'd simply write the story and publish it here.

So that's that. Sorry for working everybody up. And I said this on Twitter, but I'll say it here too. If you followed me based on that tweet, you are welcomed to stick around, but I am never tweeting a follow up and I almost never tweet about wrestling. That account is extremely boring unless you like college basketball and Reds baseball. Might as well unfollow. I wasn't looking for cheap Twitter follows."

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 01:50 PM)
Some big news story is about to break or something. Doesn't sound good.

Here's some more context, and I'll use that loosely.

"A major wrestling related story that has hidden beneath the surface is starting to poke its head out of the water,and is going to break soon"

-Joe Lanza of Pro Wrestling Voices.

"Building a shelter for when this story breaks."

-JJ Williams of the Wrestling Observer

More from Lanza:

"Seems the Tweet I made from my personal account has caused quite the stir. I will address it here, and then never address it again.

I am not a journalist and have never claimed to be. I do a podcast, write reviews, and a few times per year when the situation is right, our site or our podcast will break the occasional news story (the infamous Dixie email, Steen signing with WWE, Ibushi to EVOLVE/Kaiju, Candice/GFW no show drama, PWS stuff, the end of DGUSA, etc). We are not and have never claimed to be a news site. Tons of hard news & rumors finds our DM box that we choose to sit on, and there are people reading this right now who know full well that we (myself & Rich) sit on TONS of "scoops", especially when specifically asked not to speak about it. If we wanted to be a news site or hunt for cheap clicks, we could very easily do so.

The story I Tweeted about has been cooking for months, and somehow stayed quiet. It is now making the rounds, and being hinted about publicly. I am not going to break it. I have no interest in breaking it for a variety of reasons. It would drive CLICKS for sure, but it isn't my place to report it and it isn't what we do here. My belief is that it will come out soon because the person has enemies (to be fair, who doesn't?) who will find a some pleasure in outing it. That won't be me.

People are running wild with it on places like Wreddit. Your mileage on the word "major" may vary. I feel like it's a major story because it involves someone who works full time in the wrestling business and reputation(s?) will be ruined. Some may not consider it a "major" story.

There are people who will read this who are aware of the situation. This is not me asking them to back me up or to out themselves. In fact, I prefer that they don't confirm or break it here, because I want no connection to this for a number of reasons. I may have underestimated the power of Twitter or my own reputation as a news source in peoples eyes when I made the Tweet. I made it from my personal account, and figured my friends would see it and didn't think it would cause much of a stir. That was stupid, but at this point it's whatever, because the toothpaste cant be put back in the tube.

I won't ever speak about it again. If/when (more like when) it comes out, I'm not going to claim to have broken it, or confirm it as being what I was talking about or anything like that. I made the Tweet, I have to own that, but I want nothing to do with actually breaking the news or claiming I instigated it breaking. If I was interested in that, I'd simply write the story and publish it here.

So that's that. Sorry for working everybody up. And I said this on Twitter, but I'll say it here too. If you followed me based on that tweet, you are welcomed to stick around, but I am never tweeting a follow up and I almost never tweet about wrestling. That account is extremely boring unless you like college basketball and Reds baseball. Might as well unfollow. I wasn't looking for cheap Twitter follows."

Did they kick out Daniel Bryan's son from the locker room and that's really why he retired?

Not the story you're looking for, but Progress and RevPro has joined EVOLVE in hosting qualifying matches for the cruiserweight tourney.

Zach Sabre Jr. (Vs Nakamura for those who wanna get familiar)

Will Ospreay

Marty Scrull (vs Ospreay)

https://youtu.be/kc5-HspzRLs

Those are names to keep an eye on. Scrull isn't great but he's a good character.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 04:55 PM)
Not the story you're looking for, but Progress and RevPro has joined EVOLVE in hosting qualifying matches for the cruiserweight tourney.

Zach Sabre Jr. (Vs Nakamura for those who wanna get familiar)

Will Ospreay

Marty Scrull (vs Ospreay)

https://youtu.be/kc5-HspzRLs

Those are names to keep an eye on. Scrull isn't great but he's a good character.

It's pretty awesome how they're doing these qualifying matches and pretty crazy too. Good stuff.