World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling III Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 08:21 AM)
Meltzer said wwe indeed expected her to get a huge pop.

Then they're dumber then we ever gave them credit for. At least the other 4 divas in the ring played it right. Like they didn't want her here.

Eva Marie is awful at wrestling, but she's really hot and as far as personality as come a long way.

Edited by Brian

That's hilarious if they actually believed that. She's awful at literally everything and until she becomes even acceptable at something everyone is going to hate her. The fact that Bayley got a solid match out of her a few months ago might be the most impressive feat in the history of wrestling.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 08:32 AM)
Cesaro is scheduled for the post Mania house shows. Maybe a surprise return in Battle royal to win again? I dunno.

Can help new day since they're a man down. The other guys are an embarrassment to the rest of the world yada yada yada.

I maybe alone, but with as depleted the roster is now and those guys on the verge of coming back, plus with recent signings, I feel WWE could be on the verge of another boom period. But it's all on creative so I'm not holding my breath. Got to let guys get over and stop holding guys down.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 08:35 AM)
Can help new day since they're a man down. The other guys are an embarrassment to the rest of the world yada yada yada.

Something big is supposed to happen at the end of the New Day match which is why WWE was so set on having it despite LoN not getting over. It's not the rock coming down either, that was my first guess.

If I remember correctly, I thought I saw WWE retweet something from Cena saying his goal was to make it back for mania. I could see him coming out to help new day. Hopefully its something cooler like Cesaro or BC though.....I will admit I do kinda miss Cena though.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 09:09 AM)
If I remember correctly, I thought I saw WWE retweet something from Cena saying his goal was to make it back for mania. I could see him coming out to help new day. Hopefully its something cooler like Cesaro or BC though.....I will admit I do kinda miss Cena though.

Have to imagine Cena is there in some capacity. Same with HBK, the Rock, and Austin. Pretty odd we know what none of them will be doing. I figured HBK would be involved in the Shane/Taker match but I guess not.

WWE World Heavyweight Champion Triple H recently spoke with CBSSports.com to promote this Sunday's WrestleMania 32 event at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Below are some of the highlights from the interview.

On the "mixed reaction" Roman Reigns receives from WWE fans:

“You know, the hardest thing in this business to do now is, as a character, to either make everyone love you or everyone hate you,” Levesque said with a laugh. “The world is a divided place in politics, in music and everything. Choices now, and people’s opinions, are front and center more than ever. The Internet makes that readily available to everybody. They know all of the machinations of everything and the behind-the-scenes of everything, you know."

On changes in crowd reactions to babyfaces over the years:

“It used to be that the good guy was the guy that didn’t cheat, you know what I mean? It was just very simple. The world has changed. I think [Reigns has] done a phenomenal job. He’s, you know, from a behind-the-scenes standpoint, a great human being. I’m really happy for his success, as I am for all of them…

“The days of everybody loves the white knight and everybody hates the dark knight are gone. You’ve seen it for, what, the last 10 years with John Cena. I used to say to John all the time, ‘You’re the Red Sox and the Yankees in the same game. Half the place hates you, half the place loves you, but it’s full, so who cares?'”

Pretty accurate to me. As long as the fans keep mixed reactions but filling the seats, there's no reason to change the philosophy, no matter how many smart 'marks' there are out on the interwebz.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 04:59 PM)
Oh wow. I hope it's there for the WM winner because they deserve it. I assume they're changing the name too?

Report says it will look like heavyweight belt but smaller and with a white strap. And yes, no more Divas title. Should have Trish on Raw or something to present it.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 07:26 PM)
Any chance Austin f***s Vince over one last time in his home state by helping Shane win?

Something like that I'm thinking will happen. Seemed like that plan was for HBK or the rock or someone to be the ref. Obviously not happening but I imagine some big time shenanigans in that match.

takeover-dallas.jpg

Friday Night at 9pm EST on WWE Network

Justin and I are more excited for this show than WrestleMania. The build up to the matches have been great.

20160309_1920x1080_NXTTakeover_Dallas_ma

Austin Aries debuts vs Baron Corbin

I'm not too familiar with Aries. Small guy debuting vs a big guy is intriguing. Corbin has improved so much over the past year. Finding his personality as a jerk big guy heel. If he is called up soon, hope they let him stay that way.

20160316_1920x1080_NXTTakeover_Dallas_ma

The Revival vs American Alpha for the NXT Tag Team Championship

American Alpha is a great team. Maybe the best to ever come out of NXT. I don't see what HHH sees in The Revival. They're generic and get no reaction. Pushing them as old school isn't working.

20160316_1920x1080_NXTTakeover_Dallas_ma

Bayley vs Asuka for the NXT Women's Championship

This will be the best match on the card. No doubt. The crowd will be hot for it and I really have no clue who wins.

20160311_1920x1080_NXTTakeover_Dallas_ma

Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (debut)

I'm not too familiar with Nakamura but everyone is stoked for his debut. The 2nd NXT in ring debut of the show. Probably Sami's final NXT match.

20160309_1920x1080_NXTTakeover_Dallas_ma

Finn Balor © vs. Samoa Joe for the NXT Championship

I was hoping they'd go with Zayn vs Finn but with Sami being called up, a rematch makes sense. Their London match was solid so this should be no different.