World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling III Thread

Why is this "NXT" cooler/better than WWE?

Can someone explain this to me? lol.

When the hell did a TNA guy like Samoa joe come here. Why and why did he not just go to WWE?

So there is better wrestling here?

wtf

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 09:49 PM)
Why is this "NXT" cooler/better than WWE?

Can someone explain this to me? lol.

When the hell did a TNA guy like Samoa joe come here. Why and why did he not just go to WWE?

So there is better wrestling here?

wtf

Triple H produces NXT vs Vince for WWE. That's probably the first thing you need to know. Despite it being a developmental for WWE, it certainly feels like a completely different product. The character development feels so much stronger and natural on NXT.

As for Joe he's old. He's had his chance to be on the main roster back in the 00s but turned it down to stay with TNA. I think he's happy with where he's at now. He was signed because NXT wanted to tour a bit and they needed a big indie name to make it out of Orlando. Well not need, but you know what I mean. He's being paid well for being in NXT. The contract he signed said he has no expectations to ever be brought up. Not saying that has to stick but he may very well never be on the main roster.

Nakamura is considered the best wrestler on earth and he's being paid like a top main roster guy. Can't imagine he's in NXT for long at all. With him it's just learning some English probably.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

Triple H produces NXT vs Vince for WWE. That's probably the first thing you need to know. Despite it being a developmental for WWE, it certainly feels like a completely different product. The character development feels so much stronger and natural on NXT.

As for Joe he's old. He's had his chance back to be on the main roster back in the 00s but turndown it down to stay with TNA. I think he's happy with where he's at now. He was signed because NXT wanted to tour a bit and they needed a big indie name to make it out of Orlando. Well not need, but you know what I mean. He's being paid well for being in NXT. The contract he signed said he has no expectations to ever be brought up. Not saying that has to stick but he may very well never be on the main roster.

Nakamura is considered the best wrestler on earth and he's being paid like a top main roster guy. Can't imagine he's in NXT for long at all.

Thanks for that, very good/helpful information. I agree that it seems like a better product from my limited viewing.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 10:17 PM)
Definitely excellent. First time I've seen Nakamura. Like his presence.

Aries sort of let me down.

Yeah. Aries vs Corbin wasn't great. Didn't help that the crowd was dead from the great tag match though. Since Corbin lost I think he's probably coming up.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 10:23 PM)
Yeah. Aries vs Corbin wasn't great. Didn't help that the crowd was dead from the great tag match though. Since Corbin lost I think he's probably coming up.

Nah. Corbin will stick around for awhile. It was a roll up pin out of nowhere. I'd expect him to continue to feud with Aries.

Corbin has improved so much in the last year or so. I'm afraid they'd screw him up on Raw.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 10:43 PM)
Bayley must be moving up

I'd guess during summer. This Asuka program isn't over.

Guy on Twitter said the little Bayley super fan was out of control and her parents had to take her out of the arena, she was so upset.

Bobby Roode!

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 10:49 PM)
I'd guess during summer. This Asuka program isn't over.

Guy on Twitter said the little Bayley super fan was out of control and her parents had to take her out of the arena, she was so upset.

Bobby Roode!

Me?

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 10:57 PM)
Rowand needs a nap and a hug.

Them putting the Bayley match after Zayn-Nak was mean, I was legit exhausted ha.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 11:49 PM)
Me?

Not sure what the hell this was supposed to mean ha. But ya, last night was incredible, crowd was incredible, everything was super fun, I have no clue how the rest of the shows I'm going to this weekend can come close to that.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 2, 2016 -> 09:49 AM)
Them putting the Bayley match after Zayn-Nak was mean, I was legit exhausted ha.

Not sure what the hell this was supposed to mean ha. But ya, last night was incredible, crowd was incredible, everything was super fun, I have no clue how the rest of the shows I'm going to this weekend can come close to that.

Wh at other shows you going to? Seems like the most stacked indie weekend ever. Though yeah going to be hard to top NXT.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 2, 2016 -> 09:57 AM)
Wh at other shows you going to? Seems like the most stacked indie weekend ever. Though yeah going to be hard to top NXT.

Going to the Evolve show in an hr. It's stacked so it'll be super fun but you're not as invested in the characters obviously so it's different. Besides that just mania and raw, met some people and talked our way into some crazy tailgate for tomorrow too.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 2, 2016 -> 10:58 AM)
Going to the Evolve show in an hr. It's stacked so it'll be super fun but you're not as invested in the characters obviously so it's different. Besides that just mania and raw, met some people and talked our way into some crazy tailgate for tomorrow too.

Yeah that Evolve show looks fantastic. Ricochet vs Ospreay is going to be insane. Super jealous of your whole weekend.

As for last night? Incredible stuff. Zayn/Nakamura might be moty. Real surprised to see Balor retain. If BC really is debuting tomorrow or Monday it'll be interesting to see how they play it. We should be getting a Balor/Nakamura match at the next takeover which should be amazing.

Ibushi being there gave me a bit of a chubby. If he's not signed I would be shocked. I'm guessing he'll be in the cruiserweight tourney, and would be the favorite to win it.......I RARELY watch TNA and honestly don't think I've ever even seen Roode wrestle, but was told he's the best thing in TNA from a total package standpoint. I imagine he's signed as well.

Speaking of the cruiserweight tourney. Trips announced Rich Swan, Gargano, Tomaso, Sabre Jr., Akira Tozawa, some Chinese guy I've never heard of, and Noam Dar who was on TNA's British Boot Camp. Didn't watch it, but I watched a couple matches on Youtube against Aries and Styles and Dar looks pretty good..........Tozawa is a fun little wrestler as well.

Hoping for Ibushi, Ospreay, and Ricochet to get announced.......Has Ricochet aka Prince Puma been doing anything in Lucha Underground? No clue why I don't watch that, but once it hits Netflix ill probably binge watch it then start watching.