World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling III Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 11, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)
Bray Wyatt character falling flat.

Can't imagine why with all of these epic programs he has done that are designed to build him up and make him look strong. /green

QUOTE (Brian @ May 12, 2015 -> 04:53 AM)
Bray has just become stale. Cryptic promo week after week on video. He should do one big promo per month per program.

Fans have grown bored with promos week after week that is for sure.

Bray's promos just don't mean anything when he's supposed to break John Cena or become the new face of fear and then he loses those feuds. His character is just pointless.

Edited by Rowand44

In a post for The Wrestling Observer (via Wrestlezone), Dave Meltzer reported that Destination America has been losing interest and support with TNA due to its low ratings. TNA is still one of their highest rated shows but the network reportedly expected higher numbers. This is why they pulled TNA’s Saturday shows and moved Impact to Wednesday nights.

On the forums for F4WOnline, it was asked how DA could cancel Impact if TNA has a two-year deal. Meltzer said that Destination America has an out clause in September.

I think with the move to Wednesday already things are not looking good.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 16, 2015 -> 03:53 PM)
In a post for The Wrestling Observer (via Wrestlezone), Dave Meltzer reported that Destination America has been losing interest and support with TNA due to its low ratings. TNA is still one of their highest rated shows but the network reportedly expected higher numbers. This is why they pulled TNA’s Saturday shows and moved Impact to Wednesday nights.

On the forums for F4WOnline, it was asked how DA could cancel Impact if TNA has a two-year deal. Meltzer said that Destination America has an out clause in September.

I think with the move to Wednesday already things are not looking good.

I think Wednesday is a good gamble for DA and TNA. Friday has always been a bad night for wrestling shows, and TNA would follow Lucha Underground and only clash with the second half of NXT (although I can see WWE moving NXT to 8 CT to damage TNA). It would create kind of a Must See TV kind of thing for wrestling fans. It could work.

Ryback/Bray wasn't awful. Both guys looked good. Right guy went over.

Rusev is really good. Like everything. Wrestling, mic, mannerisms. He's the most believable guy they have with no Lesnar around.

Wtf was that finish?

Edited by Brian

PWInsider reports that Ryback was injured during his match with Bray Wyatt at WWE Payback. It is believed that he may have broken his rib when Wyatt hit a back senton splash off the ropes onto Ryback, who was on the floor.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 17, 2015 -> 09:04 PM)
You almost have to put the IC belt on Rusev at chamber, right? Or is he now above that?

NOPE

Participants for the IC Title Elimination Chamber match are expected to be announced tonight on Raw. At this time, Sheamus is scheduled to win the title at the May 31st Elimination Chamber event. Some local advertising has started to pop up for shows following the Elimination Chamber event, advertising Sheamus as the IC Champion

Credit: PWInsider.com via wrestlezone.com

I am beginning to think Lana will be elevated and Rusev will go the way of Kozlov.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 18, 2015 -> 11:21 AM)
NOPE

Participants for the IC Title Elimination Chamber match are expected to be announced tonight on Raw. At this time, Sheamus is scheduled to win the title at the May 31st Elimination Chamber event. Some local advertising has started to pop up for shows following the Elimination Chamber event, advertising Sheamus as the IC Champion

Credit: PWInsider.com via wrestlezone.com

I am beginning to think Lana will be elevated and Rusev will go the way of Koslov

the Vince treatment, build up as unstoppable foreign machine, beat with American, cast aside

QUOTE (Brian @ May 18, 2015 -> 08:15 PM)
Kozlov was awful. Rusev is F'n good if you ask me. No way he gets buried.

Rusev is a great pro wrestler. His character is killed right now but he'll fight his way back.

And Owens absolutely killed that segment. Fantastic stuff.